Newsjack - Series 9 Page 4

3 for me. wouldn;t worry about confirmation emails they say every series that some get them and some don't

On the plus side this is the first series I've sent stuff off in the correct format after the 2525 format learning curve - well done me

No, no confirmation for me either.

Well done blahblah. Apologies for my ranting the other day; hope it's beneficial in the long run!

Dan

Yep no auto-reply for me either, the little minxes.

My three topics were:

Putin playing Peacemaker
Nick Clegg calims to be 'influencing' the Tories
British summer of sporting success

Clearly the obscure stories weren't doing it for me this weekend!

I only managed one sketch but I didn't get the auto reply.

I played safe and went with privatized Postman Pat.

Quote: swerytd @ September 16 2013, 12:27 PM BST

No, no confirmation for me either.

Well done blahblah. Apologies for my ranting the other day; hope it's beneficial in the long run!

Dan

no apologies needed. I honestly didn't know about 4cm indent. It's a game changer when it comes to how many jokes to put on a page. There's a lot less space when it's indented so a lot of my previous stuff were joke light because 3 jokes a page were about 1 joke a page in this format. Now if you can tell me a font to make my premise origanl I'll be onto a winner

Hello again everyone,

The two I submitted this week were;

- The Annual Garlic Eating competition in Dorset
- The mother of sixteen kids is pregnant again and forms her own cabinet

I did send them at 12.08pm but if they don't accept them, it's no biggie. Will make sure I learn my lesson for next week!

Quote: Jeremy Dillon @ September 16 2013, 12:51 PM BST

I played safe and went with privatized Postman Pat.

Snap!

Dan

Went with the BBC payoffs "scandal" - be interesting to see if that's considered a little too close to the bone for a BBC show - and a sheet of one-liners.

Sketch writing not really my thing, but we'll see what happens.

[quote name="amarsandhu" post="1017391" date="September 16 2013, 1:11 PM BST"]

- The mother of sixteen kids is pregnant again and forms her own cabinet

That one sounds great.

I just did the one sketch about the Great Dane awarded a Blue Cross for defusing a German bomb by urinating on it during WW2.

It was in the papers a week or so ago so might not be 'topical' enough, although I got to write the line 'but she only humps Nazi's!' so I don't really care.

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Oh and I also didn't receive a confirmation e-mail so maybe it's something new they're trying this series...

Quote: Jeremy Dillon @ September 16 2013, 12:51 PM BST

played safe and went with privatized Postman Pat.

And his malnourished cat? Me three.
Except mine was pretty poor, so I'm rooting for you two guys.

Sounds like some great ideas coming through this week. My two were:

Space diary of Bob Geldof (feeding starving aliens)
Newsjack Archive - launch of Snakes and Ladders Five

Good luck, everyone!

Viv

Hopefully everyone went for Privatised Postman Pat giving my two on the Police PRS bill and the Mars One project a chance to stand out. :P

I never did get to finish one about Ed Miliband being upset that Nick Clegg's a lovely fluffy poodle.

Good luck all!

I sent some sketches about topical news stories.

Quote: Badge @ September 16 2013, 2:34 PM BST

I sent some sketches about topical news stories.

There's always one person who doesn't read the brief.

I looked for tropical news stories but all I found was a hurricane in Mexico and that's just not funny.