Newsjack - Series 9 Page 5

Quote: DubiousG @ September 16 2013, 4:08 PM BST

There's always one person who doesn't read the brief.

I read mine. It said "Marks and Spencer".

:D

Good luck all, I sent two sketches (plastic bags and students union) first time submitting any in a while.

Quote: V Riddoch @ September 16 2013, 1:47 PM BST

Newsjack Archive - launch of Snakes and Ladders Five

Well that idea made me chuckle. Here's hoping the NJ team are gamers.

Quote: V Riddoch @ September 16 2013, 1:47 PM BST

Space diary of Bob Geldof (feeding starving aliens)

Of the three sketches I sent off one of those was a space-related diary too, but mine was the diary of Voyager 1. I also sketches about the Party Conference season and Tokyo 2020.

Quote: Badge @ September 16 2013, 2:34 PM BST

I sent some sketches about tropical news stories.

You and your sketches about pineapples!

I sent off a single sketch called Canvassing with Clarkson. Does exactly what you think it does.

Yeah I did a Clarkson too.
Predictable of course but made me laugh.

Which is more than the actual Clarkson manages to achieve.

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 17 2013, 12:41 PM BST

Which is more than the actual Clarkson manages to achieve.

Indeed!

I've sent of my one liners. Sent five JackApps and two corrections.

A page of intros & jack apps for me. Now my favourite part of throwing away all my notes and newspaper clippings. Better than sex - I imagine

I now have an imagine of your serial killer bedsit...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 17 2013, 4:45 PM BST

I now have an imagine of your serial killer bedsit...

Dan

:D It's so nice no one ever leaves Angry

Hey all

It was my first time submitting something for Newsjack. How does their submission process work? Do they let you know beforehand if it will make the recording? Or do you have to just sit, listen and hope it makes the final edit when the show is broadcast on Thursday?

Cheers!

Hello Franklin, I think I'm as qualified as anyone else to answer that:-

I can think of six ways;

1. Go to the recording on Wednesday evenings (in London). If your material is in, you stand a chance of making the edit. If not, at least your Thursday is less stressful. It's quite liberating to end the recording with nothing included!

2. Pester on BCG those who went to the recording - asking about your sketch or one-liner. Not foolproof as I've come out of the show and not been able to describe anything I've heard.

3. Wait for an email on Thursday afternoon that the BBC will send you if you were recorded. You'll get a recorded but cut email, or a congrats you're in email. They come around late afternoon. If you didn't do 1 or 2 that'll be the first you know you had something in the show.

4. Lookout for the credits on the NJ website they put up after the emails go out. If you didn't have anything recorded, that'll be the first confirmation you're definitely NOT in and any hope that your email is coming is finally extinguished.

5. Do none of the above and listen to the show.

6. If you know someone who went to the writers' day on Tuesday, pump them for info about whether they heard your name mentioned!