Newsjack - Series 9 Page 10

Quote: Winger @ September 19 2013, 6:07 PM BST

E-mails have been sent out...sorry didn't mean to tread on your toes there Kim Jong Viv.

I'm launching the missiles as I type (see? I can multitask)

A very enjoyable show.

I really liked the People Appeal, Mickey and Minnie.

And I loved Snakes and Ladders. Fantastic!

Looking forward to the podcast tomorrow.

Quote: mikemcc @ September 19 2013, 10:56 PM BST

A very enjoyable show.

I really liked the People Appeal, Mickey and Minnie.

And I loved Snakes and Ladders. Fantastic!

Yes, I loved the Mickey and Minnie too, very good. So 'jackapps' are now news views? Or is that just for the first show?

Without wishing to be a sycophant your Snakes and Ladders sketch( regardless of changes they made , it's still your thing ) was the best idea on the show by a mile and was not put on last for nothing .Big finish . A funny clever well executed bit of comedy writing . I can't remember any of the rest of the show apart from it - no offence to anyone else . Job well done Miss/Mrs or Miss Riddoch.Be pleased about it.Come on the Scots!

Snakes and Ladders, Minnie and Mickey, the RSPCA one and Kevin Bacon stood out, strong opening show with plenty of proper laughs there.

Quote: Jaicee @ September 20 2013, 10:58 AM BST

Without wishing to be a sycophant your Snakes and Ladders sketch( regardless of changes they made , it's still your thing ) was the best idea on the show by a mile and was not put on last for nothing .Big finish . A funny clever well executed bit of comedy writing . I can't remember any of the rest of the show apart from it - no offence to anyone else . Job well done Miss/Mrs or Miss Riddoch.Be pleased about it.Come on the Scots!

Aw, thanks so much, Jaicee. Some of the changes, though, were really quite big - the punchline, for example, which I think is much better but means I can't let my 10-year-old listen to it! The other bits that weren't mine were most of the intro, the bit about living in a snake-infested ladder factory and the phallo-centric board game/ladies' ankles (interestingly I'd put something about how women shouldn't play in a draft but cut for space).

Now, here's a bit of trivia for you. One of the creators of GTA is actually from my hometown (Elgin) and used to play computer games with my brother back in the 80s. What goes around...

This thread is fast turning into the Chronicles of Riddoch...

I know, my coat is already on.

Turns out the fathers for justice/big testicles joke was mine but not transmitted, this is the closest I've ever got so I'll run with that!

Congrats to all who got selected!

Thought Snakes & Ladders was a stand out sketch.

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 20 2013, 1:41 PM BST

This thread is fast turning into the Chronicles of Riddoch...

I know, my coat is already on.

Yeah, but now I've got Second Album Syndrome. Don't expect to see so much of my mug around here next week.

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 20 2013, 1:50 PM BST

Turns out the fathers for justice/big testicles joke was mine but not transmitted, this is the closest I've ever got so I'll run with that!

It got a big laugh on the night, Pete. lovely Lewis read it out.

Quote: Bonzo @ September 20 2013, 8:35 AM BST

Yes, I loved the Mickey and Minnie too, very good. So 'jackapps' are now news views? Or is that just for the first show?

I think it's probably a permanent move. Makes more sense: what the hell IS a jackapp, anyway?

Quote: Peej @ September 19 2013, 4:42 PM BST

My god! I'm in the credits. Not felt this good since sold a one liner to Week Ending in the Nineties. (And I've got married and had kids in mean time) I'm sure it's for a one liner again, as my one sketch was about Royal Mail but with no mention of postman pat.

Which was yours, by the way?

Well that's brilliant to know,you're a master spy! I've completely forgotten my manners and become self obsessed, so nows the time to say that I too liked the snakes and ladders sketch, well done!

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 20 2013, 2:49 PM BST

Well that's brilliant to know,you're a master spy! I've completely forgotten my manners and become self obsessed, so nows the time to say that I too liked the snakes and ladders sketch, well done!

Not as self obsessed as I am now. I'm swanning round the house expecting everyone to laugh at EVERYTHING I SAY. And then there's the t-shirts from Vista Print ('My mummy was on Newsjack and all I got...)

(Thanks!)

Thanks for asking Leader Riddock. Mine was the first joke after intro - Lucozade. It was rejigged somewhat, couldn't say for better or worse. Nice to be at the start though.

Quote: Peej @ September 20 2013, 3:22 PM BST

Thanks for asking Leader Riddock. Mine was the first joke after intro - Lucozade. It was rejigged somewhat, couldn't say for better or worse. Nice to be at the start though.

Oh, I loved that one - and it was a story I'd missed, so educational, too.

Well done - rather poetic that we had both ends of the show covered.