Newsjack - Series 9 Page 12

Right that's my 3 Kirsty Wark sketches submitted and I've got about half a dozen Kirsty one-liners . If this doesn't work , nothing will.

Quote: Ben @ September 22 2013, 9:26 PM BST

You've got stuff on a couple of the shows haven't you, Sooty?

A few one liners scattered about, I had more stuff on that Comedy Unit development program. I'm just not sure I'm BBC comedy material.

Probably because I sign off all my emails

"Hail Rupert Murdoch and all his evil minions!"

I sent three sketches off last night. No sign of an autoreply yet.

3 for me. Happier with this bunch than I was last week, will they agree?

I have finally submitted to Newsjack. Though it's two sketches busted out this morning: one has a terrible punch and the other may be too dirty, but at least I finally wrote some topical comedy!

http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/coca-cola-apologises-for-retard-message-inside-bottle

well here's a late niche story for all your oneliner merchants.

I thought I recognised a few more names on here than people were admitting to last week. (And thought I'd heard your name Michael in the credits that were read out).

I didn't listen to the original broadcast so do they read the names out there? They didn't used to, it was just on the podcast, so wondering is that's changed for series 9.

Anyway those I didn't congratulate on getting something recorded / in well done. Think an episode 1 credit is one of the hardest to get.

And so on to episode 2. Thought there was most humour this week in:
- Nigel Farage being replaced by a Romanian immigrant
- Online users pretending to be grandparents (of the back of the CEOP warning)
- Ordination of first Anglican female bishop in UK & Ireland

Quote: sootyj @ September 23 2013, 11:40 AM BST

http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/coca-cola-apologises-for-retard-message-inside-bottle

well here's a late niche story for all your oneliner merchants.

Fantastique!

Does anyone know how big a fopa it is if you typo'd in your sketch? And if that typo is a Russian name?

If the sketch is good, then as long as it's coherent not to much.

Although in the greater scheme of things it doesn't help.

That's what I thought - so I've resubmitted the sketch with the correction (and a little apology to boot)

One-liners in, no sketches this week mainly due to a) lack of time and b) me being shit at writing them.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ September 23 2013, 12:16 PM BST

Does anyone know how big a fopa it is if you typo'd in your sketch? And if that typo is a Russian name?

It's faux pas

Quote: blahblah @ September 23 2013, 11:05 AM BST

They seem to show the writers names in the order they will appear on the show now. Out of interest, would that mean a writer who has more than one thing on have their name on the list more than once?

I thought the same as you initially (they did list in show order in the past, which was useful for guessing what you'd got in!) but then I realised it's still alphabetised...just not by first name!

I made a model of my dad out of sand.

It was a faux pa.

nb Does Myley Cyrus have red hair? THat way I could do a red box disaster joke linking her to David Cameron.