Newsjack - Series 9 Page 11

I was going to chip in too about how they put the best sketch last.
Wow! A lot happens here in a day when you're out earning actual money.

By the way (while we are self obsessing) I was sure my 'MPs hire's his family to do everything' was in but no. Not even a 'you got cut' email so that's a lesson for me.

Also, I forgot to mention that I thought the Kirsty Wark voice was very funny. So we should try and submit something that uses that again.

Back to which ideas to work on, to get rejected this week.

I've only just recieved the "cut" email....

And yes the Kirsty wark voice was amazing

Great Lucozade line. I really liked the Font skecth, very clever. I can't believe they went with a postman pat skecth after they must have got sent a lot of them.

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 20 2013, 6:52 PM BST

I've only just recieved the "cut" email....

Really? That's late

Their Paddington sketch was so much better than the one I submitted that it's embarrassing.

Good episode that one. Really funny.

I did like the Postman Pat sketch; a lot better than my attempt. I had the same idea for Paddington Bear but doubt I could've done it justice. Especially when it turned out I was confusing him with Hugh Grant...

Dan

While I was out getting drunk last night, they sent me a cut email.

So after all my bitching and whining I'm now delighted.
I might start whining about being cut though (kidding).

Sounds like they have some really great script editor there. I've seen some changes on some old posts and they really know how to take the rough diamonds and make them sparkly.

If you get in you should be very proud - without your metastable allotrope of carbon (Wikipedia) they have nowt.

Quote: mikemcc @ September 21 2013, 8:38 AM BST

While I was out getting drunk last night, they sent me a cut email.

So after all my bitching and whining I'm now delighted.
I might start whining about being cut though (kidding).

Sounds like they have some really great script editor there. I've seen some changes on some old posts and they really know how to take the rough diamonds and make them sparkly.

If you get in you should be very proud - without your metastable allotrope of carbon (Wikipedia) they have nowt.

Gosh, the emails have been slow. I thought your sketch was really funny and so did the rest of the audience on Wednesday. Margaret Cabourn-Smith was fantastic as the MP's granny.

Tickemaster here. I have two for Tom Wrigglesworth's Hang-Ups on Tuesday night (Broadcasting House, admission from 6.15), plus one for Newsjack on Wednesday. If you're interested, please PM me.

Quote: V Riddoch @ September 21 2013, 9:38 AM BST

Gosh, the emails have been slow. I thought your sketch was really funny and so did the rest of the audience on Wednesday. Margaret Cabourn-Smith was fantastic as the MP's granny.

Thanks so much Viv. Means a lot.

Mike

Just found an Email to the effect that I had something recorded but it didn't make the final edit. I'm a glass-half-full chappie.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ September 21 2013, 2:45 PM BST

Just found an Email to the effect that I had something recorded but it didn't make the final edit. I'm a glass-half-full chappie.

Did it start

"Dear John"

and end with

"your a nice guy but maybe you should see other radio shows?"

Well it was nice of them to tell me... Think positive and all that.

I gave up submitting to NewsJack many years ago, but well done to all those who got on.

Well done to all Newsjack succeders, but I know what you mean Ben sometimes you're just not on the wavelength.

You've got stuff on a couple of the shows haven't you, Sooty?

They seem to show the writers names in the order they will appear on the show now. Out of interest, would that mean a writer who has more than one thing on have their name on the list more than once?