Newsjack - Series 9 Page 16

Quote: StephenM @ September 26 2013, 12:02 PM BST

That's a shame. This series tickets have gone crazy for Newsjack. I remember the first recording I went to in Series 2 I got tickets on the night and there were only about 5 rows of people there. Granted that was a 'snow' week so transport had gone crazy but now they're issuing standby tickets for Newsjack recordings, even at BBC Radio Theatre (and I rarely seen them issue standby tickets there).

I got there at 6:15 (door opening time) and it was queued round the block. I was about number 140 in the queue already. And last week at Radio Theatre there were a lot of standby tickets too. The rule is come early, Newsjack is very popular these days!

Anyone know if this is reflected in higher listening figures / downloads?

Should also say it was worth it as I and two others I know had one-liners in last night show. That's the first thing of mine I've ever had recorded at RADA. Here's hoping to make it over the finishing line later today.

Well done, hope it makes the cut! I applied for tickets for 23rd Oct (I think), but not heard anything yet. If I do get some I'll get there really early!

I went and so did my wife...

We got in ok having queued for about 30 min outside, the highlight of which was watching Richard Wilson on the other side of the road texting. The bar was small, stuffy and crowded and resembled a Ryanair boarding gate as the time approached to enter the inner sanctum.

I enjoyed the show and all the performers were on good form. I only remember a few of the sketches - Robin Hood, The Pope & God, Milliband wanting to be a fireman, a Justin interview with Godfrey Bloom doing voices, a drugs deal/toilet paper deal, a dirty mag/cigarette prison sketch and one about toad of toad hall. Not all of these worked.

Afraid I cannot remember any of the one liners - but being bitter about rejection can do that I suppose.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening and good to see how it all works.

Quote: playfull @ September 26 2013, 2:46 PM BST

one about toad of toad hall.

That's good! :)

Quote: playfull @ September 26 2013, 2:46 PM BST

Not all of these worked

That's bad. Teary

Still increases my hopes of getting at least the 'we bought you a puppy, but it died' email today.

Email has landed.

which one?

The good one.

Quote: Monkeywithtypewriter @ September 26 2013, 5:39 PM BST

The good one.

Well done! Nothing for me, but not too surprising :)

Well done. anyone else?

Broadcast email for me as well - good stuff! Pretty sure it's a one liner as one of my friends got into the recording (while I sat outside RADA weeping softly over my now redundant ticket) and none of the sketches sounded like mine.

Congrats monkey! And the bad e-mails have also landed... :(

Need to reverse this worrying trend of 4 bad e-mails in a row!

And well done Rawle! (Unless of course yours was the other Angela Merkel one-liner in which case you are not my mortal enemy)

Another week of failure for me.

Nowt for me.

I'm in

I believe it's a joke about killing ducks.

No email for me again this week. There is clearly something seriously wrong with the BBC email servers. I suspected as much when I didn't get a confirmation email and this just proves it!

Well done to those who got something recorded.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 26 2013, 6:28 PM BST

I'm in

I believe it's a joke about killing ducks.

Well done, Steve. A very good joke too.