Newsjack - Series 9 Page 18

Quote: StephenM @ September 26 2013, 6:03 PM BST

And well done Rawle! (Unless of course yours was the other Angela Merkel one-liner in which case you are not my mortal enemy)

Nope a JackApp about 10 different smells and the groaner correction about Miley Cyrus.

We remain allies... For now...

Well done everyone who got emails of various forms.

Quote: Rawle @ September 27 2013, 12:56 PM BST

Nope a JackApp about 10 different smells and the groaner correction about Miley Cyrus.

We remain allies... For now...

Of course you may be my mortal enemy, given that my 10 smells JackApp got nowhere...

I got a JackApp in; Sexting/Ashely Cole one.

That was my 4th one-liner on the show in total [all in different series'] and there's a pattern starting to take shape when I get material accepted, it goes; Episode 3, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 2. So chances are I'll get nothing else in until Episode 3 of series 10.

Well done, everyone with the credits/near-misses. Congrats!

Dan

This might be useful. From the Newsjack twitter account:

"We're not getting that many 'Corrections' in for the end of the show. Could we have some of those please?"

Although I DID send one in for the last episode... :(

Quote: crake @ September 29 2013, 11:33 AM BST

This might be useful. From the Newsjack twitter account:

"We're not getting that many 'Corrections' in for the end of the show. Could we have some of those please?"

Although I DID send one in for the last episode... :(

Thank you Crake :)

3 off for me. Diary, Ed Miliband and one interview

2 again for me, BBC Fish Bowl Big Brother and Obama / Rouhani wrong number.

I've sent one in this week, my hopes are not high due to my outspoken and abrasive presence on the internet.
But the premise is sound and it's current so at least I met the criteria which is a start.

Three for me this week but, for reasons I'm not sure off, it seemed like a difficult one this week. My three are:

Hard working families - The Tory catchphrase so Danny Dyer goes off to find Britain's Hardest working family
Sam Cam's outfits - The press seem to be more interested in female Tory's outfits than any policies at the conference
And I too did a sketch on THAT phone call.

Only managed to get one sketch up to what felt like a good enough standard this week - Tory activists looking for love on the conference fringe. Found it tough going this time.

Quote: StephenM @ September 30 2013, 11:58 AM BST

Hard working families - The Tory catchphrase so Danny Dyer goes off to find Britain's Hardest working family

Liking the sound of this one - good luck.

Yeah, tough this week.

I sent three: gun-tottin' American hill billies (really!), HS2 and return of the bank 'William and Glyn's' - they are stuck in the eighties.

I've been trying to do some one liners this morning but I don't think any will make it to good-enough-to-send status.

Regarding the one liners, how many do people send? I know on the website it says that you can send a page of one liners, and I've always interpreted this as encompassing intros/corrections/jack apps etc, but looking at critique it seems like people are sending way more than could fit on one page. Can anyone enlighten me?

Send one page. I normally do 6-12.

I did three - one of them I was really unsure about sending as it relies on a terrible terrible pun. We shall see though.

Mine were:

The new help to buy scheme (which I guess will be popular)
China allowing the sale of games consoles for the first time in 13 years
Italian pasta boss making anti gay comments.

I'm trying to limit sketches on the main stories to one at most. Annoyingly I wrote the help to buy one before cameron announced it was moving forward.

Oh and I send a max of 12, but never spread out over more than one page.