Family Guy/American Dad Page 8

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 20 2008, 6:02 PM BST

Aaron, you're clued up on this stuff... is there any new FG to UK on, or is it still repeating the stuff they've already shown?

AFAIK, BBC Three are currently re-running season 4.

Family Guy Spoofs Christian Bale Rant

Quote: Curt @ September 18 2008, 2:28 PM BST

This is still one of my favorite Family Guy moments to date. Blackie Williams weather report.

Hahaha.

I'm still quite a newcomer to Family Guy. Seen quite a few odd episodes on BBC Three, only really started watching it when I bought series 3 on DVD (not sure why I bought series 3, think it had the most minutes so I thought it'd be best value for money), but it's f**king brilliant. I love how unbelievably offensive it is, but it manages to be funny and offensive.

Not great quality, but I LOVE this fight, especially the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SyqFSNRY8&feature=related

Quote: NickTheDon @ February 19 2009, 8:16 PM GMT

(not sure why I bought series 3, think it had the most minutes so I thought it'd be best value for money)

Imagine if you found out the end credits were just longer >_<

One of the best jokes in Family Guy:

Lois Griffin: [about new neighbor Nigel] He's charming. All British men are.
Peter Griffin: Sure Lois, that's what they said about that Benjamin Disraeli guy.
Cut to - Benjamin Disraeli: [looks at camera/audience] You have no idea who I am!

Which is basically Family Guy telling its audience they are morons.

I love Family Guy to bits but the newest series is definitely showing signs of weariness and laziness.

They showed a 4 minute clip of a Conway Twitty song, now if it was 30 seconds like usual then fine but to take up 4 minutes in what is essentially a 20 minute show is a bit much.

Quote: Kenneth @ March 28 2009, 1:39 PM BST

Lois Griffin: (about new neighbor Nigel) He's charming. All British men are.
Peter Griffin: Sure Lois, that's what they said about that Benjamin Disraeli guy.
Cut to - Benjamin Disraeli: (looks at camera/audience) You have no idea who I am!

Oh, I LOVE that bit. Cracks me up every time.

Quote: Spagett @ March 29 2009, 2:07 PM BST

I love Family Guy to bits but the newest series is definitely showing signs of weariness and laziness.

They showed a 4 minute clip of a Conway Twitty song, now if it was 30 seconds like usual then fine but to take up 4 minutes in what is essentially a 20 minute show is a bit much.

That was the worst episode ever.

I love Family gu but it's definitely not as fresh as it was but there are still some gems. Like the surfing bird episode, and the race horse one.

Quote: Spagett @ March 29 2009, 2:07 PM BST

Not so much laziness, in my opinion, as extended silliness or absurdity. I love the Conway Twitty clips. The four-minute one is reminiscent of Andy Kaufman reading The Great Gatsby before an audience expecting stand-up. The latest Conway Twitty clip works much better than the 22-minute-long episode of Everybody Loves Hypno-Toad, which appears as a special feature on Futurama's Bender's Big Score DVD.

I.. have... the power!!!! Laughing out loud

Good ep that.

The Silence of the Lambs bit was good too. :)

Quote: Kenneth @ March 28 2009, 1:39 PM BST

Lois Griffin: [about new neighbor Nigel] He's charming. All British men are.
Cut to - Benjamin Disraeli: [looks at camera/audience] You have no idea who I am!

I don't see the relevance. He was a British Prime Minster right? So why would he be used as an example of being unfriendly?

Quote: Curt @ April 28 2009, 1:11 PM BST

I don't see the relevance. He was a British Prime Minster right? So why would he be used as an example of being unfriendly?

That's not the joke. The joke is that most of Family Guy's viewers have no idea who Disraeli is. (anyway, Disraeli was pretty unfriendly toward Gladstone).

[cutaway to Gladstone]: You don't even know who I am!

etc...

:D