Family Guy/American Dad Page 13

American Dad is so much better than Family -cut aways and crappy jokes with no storylines- Guy. Probably because it's not written by Seth, just voiced. Plus Roger & Stan are great :D

I do watch American Dad sometimes, mainly when I can't be bothered to change the channel. I rarely laugh at anything in it though.

Can I ask Alex, where does the humour come from for you? Can you give me an example of a favourite scene because I really can't see anything LOL funny about it.

I suppose I don't like how smug/knowing it is. Family Guy sometimes bugs me with this, but it seems A.D does it more but doesn't contrast it with any decent jokes or likeable characters.

The whole thing really, it just feels a more developed family. Each story is a story, not 10 minutes of fighting scenes or random cut aways. American Dad does have the freedom for bizarre stories with Stan being in the CSI and having access to technology.

The humour comes from Roger mainly, it's just well written and needs to be watched thoroughly though. I find it witty and clever, but admit it probably isn't everyones cup of tea. People do prefer Family Guy because it probably pushes more boundaries and daring. I enjoy both but prefer AD so much more recently, it gets better while FG is samey.

Again it might not be your humour, there are things I don't find funny people love...

Cool

I hate Roger he's such an unreasoning asshole. Well nothing wrong with that but when it focuses on him, meh.

Cut aways can actually be funny. But by and large neither show is especially funny.

I enjoyed both shows at first, but somewhere along the way just lost interest. I guess the law of diminishing returns set in.

Family Guy was a really mixed bag; I mean Stewie and Brian are just a sublime comedy double act. Meg and Herbert are lovely comedy characters.

And I even like the asides. But dear God Peter is just Homer with a lobotomy and the rest are made of meh.

American Dad feels like a dish of leftovers. After you spent 5 years ripping off what was left from the Simpsons and Southpark. And is perhaps the most joyless over produced piece of garbage ever.

It's like a microwaved, portion of leftovers made from cooking turds produced by someone who just ate left overs. Only even less fresh.

I'm getting the sense you're not that into it... could be wrong tho ;)

Nope I think the final proof of what a piece of poop it is.

Was when they put the moribund characters as extras in the Return of the Jedi tribute.

It's WORSE THAN THE Cleveland Show,

The alien is funny though.

We'll agree to disagree.

Yeah Roger is great :D

I hate Roger

should of said. Rolling eyes

Have* Whistling nnocently

Thank you!!

Lovey Lovey Lovey

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 28 2012, 3:56 PM GMT

The alien is funny though.