Family Guy/American Dad Page 10

Love Family Guy, always original and although it can miss the spot sometimes it gets credit for trying. Its being challenged by Life and Times of Tim though...

Family Guy, for me will always be one of the best US Sitcoms, it's constantly funny and very watchable (I think so anyway), some episodes are a bit off but I still think they're all great

Quote: SlagA @ August 4 2009, 10:54 PM BST

Hands up all those who think Stewie is really Rik Mayall? The voice, the choice of words, so Mayall. Or am I barking? Again?
:O

Seth McFarlane has repeatedly said Stewie (or at least his voice and attitude) is just a rip-off of Rex Harrison's character (Professor 'Iggins) from My Fair Lady.

Stewie reminds me of Rik Mayall sometimes as well. Sort of a cross between Alan B'Stard and Richie from Bottom.

I cannot stand family guy, I just hardly ever even crack a smile at it, I must be missing something though as it's massive

Quote: luke not going out to have two pints @ August 10 2009, 7:16 PM BST

I cannot stand family guy, I just hardly ever even crack a smile at it, I must be missing something though as it's massive

You must be. I piss myself - but then I am old.

Incredible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8277129.stm

ah ya I get it the way they are trying to market the series. its all about the buck theses days and if they make it they will keep doing it. trying to find a good site with all episodes finally found one with no catches, about time alot of them had surveys and stuff I did not want to do. I don't know if I'm allowed to put this up but here it is.

http://watchamericandadstream.blogspot.com

Family Guy To Shill For Windows 7
Ian Paul
Oct 14, 2009 3:18 pm
Microsoft is sponsoring a Windows 7 television extravaganza next month in collaboration with FOX and "Family Guy" creator/voice actor Seth MacFarlane. The program's working title is "Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show," and will weave Windows 7 promotions into the television special.

The show will have no commercial breaks, and is scheduled to air on November 8 at 8:30 p.m. Eastern and Pacific featuring the comedy stylings of Seth MacFarlane and "Family Guy" costar Alex Borstein. The duo will present a collection of original animation segments, live-action performances of Family Guy musical numbers, comedy skits, and celebrity guests.

Microsoft calls the MacFarlane special an attempt to "bring the old Texaco Star Theater-style sponsorships into the 21st century," and says Windows 7 promos will blend "seamlessly with show content." I'm not sure what that means, but maybe we'll see Peter and Lois Griffin hosting a Windows 7 launch party, or Steve Smith (American Dad) showing Stewie Griffin how to burn a CD on the new OS. There's also the worst case scenario: some unfortunate soul logs on to Glenn Quagmire's laptop to use Internet Explorer 8, and ends up pulling an O.M.G.I.G.P.

This can only end badly.

I'm rather worried too.

It's like the Windows 95/Friends thing.

I wouldn't know what to do!

Microsoft pulls out of Family Guy Windows 7 special.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10383502-56.html

Excellent, sounds like they didn't like what they saw. Hopefully it'll be a corker.

Has anyone bought/watched Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy on DVD? If so, is it any good? Looks fun, but still expensive, and runs less than an hour. No doubt will be under $10 next year.