Family Guy/American Dad Page 4

I agree. i have seem lots of family guy episodes and i sometimes think in the later episodes they are a bit too random in places..and it gets a bit annoying sometimes with the whole "like that time when i...." that Peter Griffin goes into. I still like family guy!..but yeah it seemed better in series 3+4 :)
and i have never watched american dad, is it similar to family guy?

I have never watched family guy, but I have heard that it is funny.

Quote: Kitty =^..^= @ January 11, 2008, 6:21 PM

I agree. i have seem lots of family guy episodes and i sometimes think in the later episodes they are a bit too random in places..and it gets a bit annoying sometimes with the whole "like that time when i...." that Peter Griffin goes into. I still like family guy!..but yeah it seemed better in series 3+4 :)
and i have never watched american dad, is it similar to family guy?

I agree, Season 1+2 were good at the time but now look a little shabby compared to the newer episodes. I actually think season 5 is the best. Regarding the "like that time when i..." bits I think thats supposed to be the point. I reckon the reason they do it more so now is because American Dad is like the more serious version, which gives FG more freedom to just go mad.

Quote: Paul W @ January 11, 2008, 5:22 PM

Correct TBY, American Dad was made during the hiatus (sorry if I have that spelt incorrectly) between season 1 and 2 before Family Guy was re - commissioned for a 3rd season. But decided that American Dad wasn't too bad and kept going with it.

I think it actually replaced Family Guy when it was cancelled after season three... And then continued once FG came back. No?

Either way, only a season out.

Sorry Aaron, yes it was cancelled after season 2 and due to massive demand they bought it back during the making/release of American dad.

No, it was cancelled after season three! Not two! >_<

*Checks google*

Anyway! I think I might buy season two it looks good. :$

Oh, and whilst we're discussing seasons, the UK DVD releases LIE.

Season 'five' is actually the second half of season four. Thus, season 'six' as actually season 'five'. Idiots.

I occasionally catch Family Guy on BBC3, but really hate it.

My main issue is the fact they say stuff like 'God, Peter, you're like Sean Connery if he were a nun with no arms' - then it goes to some ridiculous cutaway which is basically a sketch.

Quote: Seefacts @ January 11, 2008, 7:10 PM

I occasionally catch Family Guy on BBC3, but really hate it.

My main issue is the fact they say stuff like 'God, Peter, you're like Sean Connery if he were a nun with no arms' - then it goes to some ridiculous cutaway which is basically a sketch.

And your point is?

I have watched and enjoyed both but American Dad doesn't seem to be on so much now.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 11, 2008, 7:23 PM

And your point is?

I have watched and enjoyed both but American Dad doesn't seem to be on so much now.

Just giving my opinion on Family Guy.

Annnnnnnnyway . . .

But that's the point. There's a story - of sorts - and other random rubbish thrown in.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 11, 2008, 7:33 PM

But that's the point. There's a story - of sorts - and other random rubbish thrown in.

It wasn't originally.

The first series cutaways we're always character related.

But in my opinion the first series isn't as funny as the rest, I think 6 is the best I have seen but I have only saw a few episodes so far.

No idea what "seasons" - that's series in English - I've seen. I just watch whichever episode is on so hardly seen them chronologically. Does it matter?