What are you watching on TV? Page 1,911

iPlayer.

thats only available oop north isnt it

You're thinking of Newcastle's "Why-aye" Player.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 20th January 2014, 12:42 PM GMT

iPlayer.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th January 2014, 12:51 PM GMT

thats only available oop north isnt it

Quote: Nogget @ 20th January 2014, 1:41 PM GMT

You're thinking of Newcastle's "Why-aye" Player.

:D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th January 2014, 10:01 PM GMT

Just looked up the original plot of The Three Musketeers, this was nothing like it at all -

And bore even less relation to D'Artagnan's biography, which Dumas plundered with consummate taste and skill that the dunderheaded, tin-eared hack who penned this load of foetid dingo kidneys could never dream of equaling.

Beautifully filmed mind.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th January 2014, 10:16 PM GMT

Except for Atlantis (the only good one has Stargate in front of it) all of the other BBC productions are based on the stories of previous authors and now we can chuck Musketeers on the list.

Robin Hood is not based on the work of a previous author as such, it more an accretion of legends. so authors are free to do what they want with it.

As far as film goes the only decent versions of both the Musketeers and Robin Hood are by Richard Lester. I doubt even he could have fixed Atlantis mind.

I've recently started watching American Horror Story and find it fairly entertaining. Some episodes are wonderfully disturbing, but I do find it does tend to meander at times. Still, I'm enjoying it so far and I hear the second and third season are a step up.

Quote: Ben @ 20th January 2014, 9:47 PM GMT

I've recently started watching American Horror Story and find it fairly entertaining. Some episodes are wonderfully disturbing, but I do find it does tend to meander at times. Still, I'm enjoying it so far and I hear the second and third season are a step up.

I was thinking of checking that out. Each season is a whole new story/characters/setting/other stuff/hair.

Quote: Ben @ 20th January 2014, 9:47 PM GMT

I jumped on the bandwagon late and only started watching from the second series. You are in a for a treat when you get round to it matey, it's mind boggling grotesque and afterwards you'll feel like taking a shower to wash away the taint.

Recommended.

It's surprising to hear, I watched the first few and wasn't that fussed. Might give it another go though.

Me too. I watched the beginning of the first season and was impressed or scared, so stopped watching.

I started watching SyFy's new show, Helix, last night and it was rather good.

My girlfriend's just put on Series 7 of Red Dwarf. I am kill myself. Although, it's the first episode and I didn't mind that one.

Falling Skies. Does it get any better?

Quote: Tursiops @ 21st January 2014, 7:43 PM GMT

Falling Skies. Does it get any better?

I've heard some good things about that. Will put it on my ever growing 'to watch' list.

Yep especially season 2 falling skies but format doesn't change

It seems like a bit of a post-apocalyptic soap opera; and it has kids in it, which is never good.