What are you watching on TV? Page 1,907

I don't think that pressure makes people thin and healthy, it just keeps them depressed, self hating and still fat!

Exactly. Plus thin does not equal healthy. The focus should always be on health.

Quote: zooo @ 12th January 2014, 10:55 PM GMT

I don't think that pressure makes people thin and healthy, it just keeps them depressed, self hating and still fat!

Whether you think it or not is one thing, but you can't deny the social pressure to stop people stuffing their faces and look healthy.

Disregarding the psychotic behaviour of the anorexics / bulimics - 'eating disorder' is just a polite way of saying 'mental disorder', the overriding trend in the last few decades has been to keep fit.

Smoking bans, healthy options, 5 a day, cycling to work, vegetarianism, charity fun runs, everything is geared towards becoming more healthy and more physically attractive.

If that kind of pressure didn't work, then Weight Watchers would have gone out of business years ago.

Food addiction is a very real problem. It's been proven that the same neurotransmitters are released in food addiction as in drug addiction. Indeed, many people who wean themselves off drugs, or any other addiction, are quite likely to find a new 'fix' in food. It's all about chasing that reward.

A great documentary on US rock music on BBC4.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th January 2014, 9:13 PM GMT

Yet another one??

Bravia and but thread

Damn auto correct Angry

Oliver Hardys birthday today

So I've dug out Way out West

Caught up with The Bridge, ep 3. Best current drama. Mind you, Mr Selfridge starts tomorrow so I'm sure that'll usurp it...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th January 2014, 9:13 PM GMT

Haven't watched pt 2 yet, but saw pt 1. Did you see it? Pretty good, though they maybe tried to cram too much in. Loved the Steppenwolf clip of "Born To Be Wild", and that cool Hammond organ, or whatever it was.

'Lincoln'. Humans always need to scapegoat somebody. Why are we such shites?

Yay! Finally an old James Bond is actually on telly.
That hasn't happened for MONTHS SLASH YEARS.

They used to be on every bloody weekend.

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2014, 4:47 PM GMT

old James Bond

Aww.

Waiting with bated breath for 'The 3 Musketeers'.

Quote: keewik @ 19th January 2014, 8:37 PM GMT

Waiting with bated breath for 'The 3 Musketeers'.

Gonna give that a miss, I don't need to see another version.