The Show What You Wrote Page 10

The deadline has only just passed, I don't think anyone is expecting to hear that quick, give 'em a chance!

Good luck there Tim.

Quote: Tursiops @ March 29 2013, 1:47 PM GMT

My sketch tally:

Suspense/Thriller - 3
Sci Fi/Horror - 4
Documentary - 2
Kitchen sink - 3
Historical- 10

Quote: Frantically @ March 29 2013, 3:49 PM GMT

Identical to mine...with one notable exception :-

Suspense/Thriller - 3
Sci Fi/Horror - 4
Documentary - 2
Kitchen sink - 3
Historical- 2

Quote: Otterfox @ March 29 2013, 6:03 PM GMT

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get a reply mail. Was a little worried about that.
My tally was:

Suspense/Thriller - 6
Sci Fi/Horror - 5
Documentary - 2
Kitchen sink - 4
Historical- 3

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ March 29 2013, 6:16 PM GMT

Suspense/Thriller - 4
Sci Fi/Horror - 4
Documentary - 6 (though a few of them weren't very documentary-ish)
Kitchen sink - 5 (again, a few of them weren't very kitchen sink-y)
Historical- 3

My tally was:

Suspense/Thriller - 0
Sci Fi/Horror - 0
Documentary - 0
Kitchen sink - 0
Historical - 0

And I couldn't be happier with what I didn't do, really looking forward to not hearing anything back in no painfully deluded anticipation and then not hearing a second of the embarrassingly cringemaking show on radio. Very pleased with myself this time. :)

If only you would adopt the same approach to forum posting...

Miaow!

There you have it, Alfred - dissent is not welcome on this thread.

Yeah, you can piss off too ;)

The future post log for this thread -

Still haven't got a confirmation email.

Nor me.

Nor me.

norme.c**ts

Still haven't had a confirmation email.

Nor me.

Two months have passed and I haven't heard a thing, the suspense is killing me. Has anyone heard anything yet?

No.

Nope.

no.f**king c**ts

Hey something funny's going on, I just turned on the radio and there was Jeremy Hardy doing one of my sketches.

Yeah so did I and I wasn't thrilled about it.

yeah me to.wtf!!!

All 50 of mine were used, and oddly just one word was different in each one.

That's nothing, I just turned it on and to my utter horror Sandi Tokskvic was doing all mine!!!

its like a wierd scifi fantasy where we were all sucked into a bbc comp what didn't exist giving them all our bestest work and then hearing all the usual radio 4 c**ts doing them all!im going hystorical here!!

It's no science fiction, it's true, I've checked with others. The Beeb have nicked all our sketches and changed one line. I've checked with lawyers and we can't do a thing. I've contacted Panorama but they told me to f**k off unless I'm an ageing deejay rapist or was fondled by Noel Edmonds, in which case they'll send a limo round right away.

f**k it all, I mite as well of poured all mine down the kichen sink then.c**ts!!!

(cue echoey evil laugh)

Are you okay Alfred or are you hyperventilating?

Quote: Badge @ March 31 2013, 11:29 PM BST

Good luck there Tim.

Er, thanks. So much for the Kitchen Sink idea...

Did you delete a post?

Quote: Badge @ April 1 2013, 9:09 PM BST

Did you delete a post?

What from the other Tim or the one about Kitchen Sink?
No.
Kitchen sink is explained earlier in the thread.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 1 2013, 11:55 AM BST

My tally was:

Suspense/Thriller - 0
Sci Fi/Horror - 0
Documentary - 0
Kitchen sink - 0
Historical - 0

And I couldn't be happier with what I didn't do, really looking forward to not hearing anything back in no painfully deluded anticipation and then not hearing a second of the embarrassingly cringemaking show on radio. Very pleased with myself this time. :)

With insightful comments like that I can't imagine why you've ever been rejected so many times, and you have haven't you, a woman can always tell, and I'm not even a woman. Don't worry, there's always that other thing with the stuff and people more like you and junk.

My tally was

Thriller 6
SciFi Horror 10
Documentary 7
Kitchen Sink 4
Historical 6

Having done so many I have a wildly unrealistic expectation of how many I hope to get on, wonder when they will start asking for rewrites from folk. Mine will almost certainly need it having read them back with a clear head, and not one preoccupied by trying to think up sassy lines for Jesus. He counts as historical even though he's made up, right?

Quote: ash williamson @ April 2 2013, 11:58 AM BST

...trying to think up sassy lines for Jesus. He counts as historical even though he's made up, right?

Well it was Historical and Costume Drama - so, whether or not JC really existed, you're probably fine as long as robes and sandals count as a costume.

My sketch tally, baring in mind I'm brand new to this:

Documentary - 3
Sci fi/horror - 2
Kitchen sink 3

6 one liners for historical.

I took kitchen sink to mean soap opera, so at least two out of three are probably off target already....

They're on the lookout for good sketches, not whether they fit neatly into any category.