Newsjack - Series 8 Page 31

Nada! Bummer.

I got something in again this week! That brings my credits to a grand total of two. Congrats to those who got an email. Commiserations to those who didn't.

Quote: evelynblake @ March 14 2013, 5:46 PM GMT

One sketch about Theresa May furthering her threat to withdraw from human rights by threatening to withdraw from the human race. And two jack apps that I'll post on the off-chance they strike a chord:

Apparently a mother in Middlesbrough gave her 13 year old daughter three ecstasy tablets as a birthday present. If that were my daughter expecting ecstasy as a gift I'd grab her by the arm and say "listen here little lady, this is what you're getting for your birthday"; SMACK! I'm not saying I'd hit her, I'm saying I'd give her heroin instead. She's already too hyperactive.

I've just heard the weatherman on the telly say "Soon most of the South will be completely white". I knew this day would come! People laughed at us in the BNP but clearly the people have turned, chased out diversity from their streets and... oh hang on, just looked out the window. It's snowing. I see. Oh well, back to being alone.

Did the sketch involve Theresa May pretending to be a ghost then a zombie? If so think it was that sketch!

Quote: StephenM @ March 14 2013, 6:39 PM GMT

Did the sketch involve Theresa May pretending to be a ghost then a zombie? If so think it was that sketch!

Sounds like it would have been re-written but certainly fits the general gist of the sketch. Looks like that's the one! Cheers

Got my 2nd credit of the series with the mind the gap cd idea although I feel dirty as all of the celebrity examples were staff written, rightfully so as mine were shite in comparison. oh well!

Quote: ash williamson @ March 14 2013, 10:56 PM GMT

Got my 2nd credit of the series with the mind the gap cd idea although I feel dirty as all of the celebrity examples were staff written, rightfully so as mine were shite in comparison. oh well!

It was still a might fine idea and besides you weren't to know who they could do impressions of.

Yay!

Got my first ever credit (though as David John Buckley rather than Judgement Dave) and I think I got two one-liners (as submitted):

This week hackers published the personal and financial details of rapper Jay-Z. As if he didn't have enough problems already.

I couldn't believe the survey saying restaurant meals have hidden salt. It's not hidden - it's in those little pots on the table, just next to the pepper.

I also sent in the following, but I think the version they used was different enough it was probably someone else's:

I don't agree with banning animal-tested cosmetics. When I buy a lipstick for Mary, I want to know she's safe wearing it. Don't I Mary (SOUND FX: Sheep baa-ing) That's right girl.

But I'm currently over the moon, as 1980s soccer coaches used to say.

Well done Dave, enjoy

And well done all those on or nearly

Congrats to all who got on/recorded but cut. I just listened to the show and this weeks intro jokes were fantastic!

Yeah, congratulations Dave! Enjoy the limelight! :)

Dan

Smile: Got a one-liner in the intro
Frown: No sketch again
Gasp: Pete & Dud will be turning in their graves (are they dead?) over that horse sketch!

I was surprised to hear a sinkhole joke during the jackapps section.

Not only because of the subject matter, but also because it must be about two weeks now since that bloke was swallowed up.

Ironically, I wrote an almost identical joke at the time, but scrapped it for fear of crossing the line.

I got a recorded but cut email.

Congrats to all those that got something in.

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 15 2013, 4:47 PM GMT

I was surprised to hear a sinkhole joke during the jackapps section.

Not only because of the subject matter, but also because it must be about two weeks now since that bloke was swallowed up.

Ironically, I wrote an almost identical joke at the time, but scrapped it for fear of crossing the line.

Same here. It seems a lot of the material used this episode has related to 'old news'.

Does anyone know if Justin is back hosting this week?