Comedy that should be repeated on GOLD Page 14

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 9th July 2014, 5:50 PM BST

Time for my once-every-so-often moan about the lack of Happy Families, one of Ben Elton's finest and one of his most obscure too. Funny old world.

Yes, I'd love to see this again. Some great comic character acting from many. Jennifer Saunders was excellent.
I don't think it's even on DVD either, is that right?

No, it's not. Yet.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 10th July 2014, 9:24 AM BST

Was that the series starring Jennifer Saunders? I seem to recall it being good.

Yes it had Jen, yes it was VERY good and yes https://www.comedy.co.uk/happy_families/about.shtml

Norman Wisdom films & Gimme Gimme Gimme, 2point4 children

Quote: george roper @ 23rd December 2012, 10:58 PM GMT

I know it isn't really gold but a rerun of On The Buses from the very begining, also Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and 2point4 Children, Love Thy Neighbour and Man About The House.

Ah, the buses. There's a flashback!

Would love to see some reruns of Game On again.

Yes me too Greg. And I would love to see Babes In The Wood repeated.

I think they should repeat Keep It In The Family, that was a great sitcom but I only vaguely remember it. Anyone agree with me on this?

I think they should re-run Bless This House. It was fantastic.

I think ITV repeats Bless This House, George. If they don't then I think they have rights to it.

I have not seen Bless This House on ITV or ITV3 for years.

Quote: george roper @ 28th October 2014, 11:16 PM GMT

I think they should re-run Bless This House. It was fantastic.

I must admit, the last time I watched this show, I found it *really* sexist and dated, but I'm prepared to give it another try.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd November 2014, 3:17 PM GMT

I must admit, the last time I watched this show, I found it *really* sexist and dated, but I'm prepared to give it another try.

It's one of my very favourites.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd November 2014, 3:39 PM GMT

It's one of my very favourites.

There was going to make another 2 films of it and at least one more series but Sid James died.A similar thing would happen to George and Mildred too but sadly Yootha Joyce died.

I'll see if I can find it on cable as Lovefilm rental copies are unavailable. The film looked good as it also starred Robin Asquith, June Whitfield and Terry Scott. Producer William G. Stewart also married Judy Geeson. Saucy old blazer-clad quiz show polymath.