Jimmy Savile Page 14

Perhaps a bad choice of phrase, but there isn't quite enough 'meat on the bones' for me to believe the stories.

Five women made claims of abuse. Were they honest allegations? Yes, perhaps. But we can't be sure. For ten grand, I'd go on ITV and tell the world I'd been raped by the Easter Bunny - doesn't make it true.

Quote: zooo @ October 7 2012, 1:56 PM BST

I agree I don't like the way it's being made specifically a BBC thing.

If (or perhaps, when) anything emerges about ITV talent, I'm sure they'll be mentioned just as heavily. But ITV even now is barely a single institution in the way that the BBC has been ever since it was founded. Don't forget the very different histories and structures, not to mention the smaller operation (fewer channels, no radio, regional, etc). The compartmentalisation of it makes that kind of protective culture that little bit harder to emerge.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 7 2012, 3:39 PM BST

Perhaps a bad choice of phrase, but there isn't quite enough 'meat on the bones' for me to believe the stories.

Five women made claims of abuse. Were they honest allegations? Yes, perhaps. But we can't be sure. For ten grand, I'd go on ITV and tell the world I'd been raped by the Easter Bunny - doesn't make it true.

Really?

To the first bit? I'm not convinced Jimmy was a paedophile rapist, no. Did he take advantage of 14-year-old girls, who offered him sex? Quite possibly.

Any man who has sex with a 14 year old girl is a rapist technically.

What about if he did it in the Sudan where the age of consent is 12?

Why's Noddy's hat got bells on?

To warn all the kids he's a sex offender.

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 9:40 AM BST

Did he?

I suspect the age of consent in other countries says more about the attitudes of male lawmakers than the sexual maturity of girls in that society.

An interesting case of the societal norms being inconsistent with the legal age of consent is Pitcairn Island, where pretty much the entire male population are doing stir for statutory rape. It seems that despite the abuse being considered acceptable, the young women of the island did not actually enjoy being used as the sexual playthings of middle aged men. And living under Australian law they were able to successfully take their complaint to court.

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 9:40 AM BST

Mohammed consumated his marriage to Ayesha when she was nine, so under Sudanese law the Prophet is a kiddy fiddler. That must be a tough one for the local imans.

Quote: Tursiops @ October 8 2012, 1:04 PM BST

Mohammed consumated his marriage to Ayesha when she was nine, so under Sudanese law the Prophet is a kiddy fiddler. That must be a tough one for the local imans.

You accused the Prophet of being a kiddy fiddler. I only hope that the BCG headquarters don't get bombed. ;)

Nothing to do with BCG! Tursiops home address is....

\0/ Yay! The opinions of the angry mob on the BCG have been echoed in every right wing newspaper throughout the land. Jimmy Savile must be stripped of his knighthood immediately.

It's just a shame we can't dig him up, desecrate his grave and burn his body on the streets of London.

Yes, I know that he's dead and can in no way feel any kind of pain, remorse, shame or guilt and that punishing him posthumously is a massive waste of time. But just imagine the look on his rotting, dead face when he never finds out that his knighthood has been taken away.

JJB have started selling Jimmy Saville memorial tracksuits. Its an adult size top but you have to squeeze into kids bottoms

sorry

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 8 2012, 1:39 PM BST

\0/ Yay! The opinions of the angry mob on the BCG

How many people constitutes a mob..?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 8 2012, 1:54 PM BST

How many people constitutes a mob..?

On the BCG, any amount more then one. Based upon the social backgrounds, level of education and ability to be easily swayed by the media, I count every opinion on the BCG as a wider reflection of moronic British society in general.

Wave