Jimmy Savile Page 16

Yes but far more rarely prosecuted than it is today.

Ah, the good old days! We're just so PC now...

Without modern multi disciplinary child protection teams, or even a better attitude child abuse prosecutions were rare to the point of insignificance up until the 1980s.

I remember growing up in the 80s how the papers would periodically have stories on; judge lets child abuser off as the pyjamas they were wearing could be considered to alluring.

At some point over the next 30 years, we're going to start hearing stories about how some of the boy band members of the last 20 years f**ked underage fans.

I bet you a million pounds each.

Not sure they're kept a pretty close eye on these days.

Quote: zooo @ October 8 2012, 3:53 PM BST

Gosh, did that start just after you called everyone here a moron? What a breathtaking coincidence!

I didn't call everyone a moron, I said their opinions were a wider reflection of a moronic British society.

Knee jerk, hysterical and preditable reactions from the 'morally outraged' who have been led by the media from the start is certainly something to be celebrated here on the BCG...apparently.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 8 2012, 3:20 PM BST

That's it? That's the sum total of your argument, I mixed up then and than?

To quote a well known philosopher:

Oh dear.

(Again, RC loves the fact that the argument has once again been turned into a series of personal attacks upon himself rather then the castigation of Jimmy Savile. Perhaps not 'delightful irony', but certainly a reflection on the priorities of the BCG) ;)

I'm not all-out attacking you, nor diverting any attention from that grubby creepy dead c**t Savile, just tearing my hair out in frustration that any presumably educated person can make such a mistake.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 8 2012, 4:55 PM BST

At some point over the next 30 years, we're going to start hearing stories about how some of the boy band members of the last 20 years f**ked underage fans.

But not Harry Styles.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 8 2012, 5:36 PM BST

I didn't call everyone a moron, I said their opinions were a wider reflection of a moronic British society.

Knee jerk, hysterical and preditable reactions from the 'morally outraged' who have been led by the media from the start is certainly something to be celebrated here on the BCG...apparently.

Now why would anyone on here have a problem with you saying that?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm certainly incapable of forming my own opinion on a subject until the meedja tells me what to think.

I wait for Renegade to tell me.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 8 2012, 1:39 PM BST

\0/ Jimmy Savile must be stripped of his knighthood immediately.

It would have been more appropriate that he was stripped of his manhood when he was alive

I'm of to his grave with a shovel to strip him of his jewellery

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 3:57 PM BST

And as for all these whining victims coming out from the woodshed. Who said nothing whilst he was alive and allowed others to suffer.
I'd make them give their Daily Mail payments to charity and have them flogged.

Please tell me that you're being ironic, not moronic here.. because I am truly confused.

Didn't they bury him under a thick layer of concrete? Like they used to do with suspected vampires.

Quote: Aaron @ October 8 2012, 7:01 PM BST

Didn't they bury him under a thick layer of concrete? Like they used to do with suspected vampires.

Anyone got a pneumatic drill I could borrow?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 8 2012, 6:50 PM BST

Please tell me that you're being ironic, not moronic here.. because I am truly confused.

Entirely serious they looked on knowing he was almost certainly carrying on his wicked ways.

And waited till he was thoroughly dead before bleating for profit.

I despise the deification of victims in our society.