Jimmy Savile Page 13

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 6 2012, 10:28 PM BST

I can't understand why so many here are surprised about this protocol of social etiquette-based omerta, indigenous in our so-called modern society: in our lives, we all of us have encountered someone "up to no good" but do we ever "blow the whistle" and raise our objections? No, we don't. "I don't want to get involved" is our motto. It takes a brave person to stick their heads up above the parapet to be shot at, as history shows that such people will end up disaffected and marginalised in society, while the do-badders carry on unimpeached, protected by their circles of threatening praetorians. Such reprehensibles are endemic throughout all areas of our society - and we know it, but do nothing about it: we are sheep at the behest of wolves.. and if we never take a stand, perhaps we, as such, deserve no better?

I think what we all need is a nickname.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 6 2012, 11:55 PM BST

I used to teach an undercover surveillance course - espionage etc, Jim Rockford shit. And in my professional opinion that recording is fake.

Why? At no point do the voices overlap.

F**k me Don you are more multi tasking than a woman! Hows your screenplay options going by the way?

now then now then now then ! hows about this then for jimmys top songs ? and not a '' sha - waddy - waddy in in sight '' !

THE YOUNG ONES

THERES A BRAT IN MY KITCHEN

SOME GIRLS HAVE ALL THE FUN

sure there are many more :)

and incidently , was that queue outside jimmys dressing room known as 'saville row ' ?

No.

:) All this time I thought he was gay?... OH dear.

Quote: Marc P @ October 7 2012, 12:26 AM BST

Hows your screenplay options going by the way?

I stopped posting in that thread. Lazzard aside, most of the 'advice' was terrible. Did my head in a bit.

Surely this was a step too far?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19861146

Sandi groped :O

Quote: don rushmore @ October 7 2012, 11:55 AM BST

I stopped posting in that thread. Lazzard aside, most of the 'advice' was terrible. Did my head in a bit.

I am glad you included yourself in that Don.

Stop trolling.

Quote: fasty @ October 7 2012, 12:18 PM BST

I actually read that as "Gandhi groped" for some reason, and sat there watching the clip wondering when they were going to get to him Eh?

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ October 7 2012, 1:10 PM BST

I actually read that as "Gandhi groped"

He did dress very provocatively, asking for it really...

Quote: fasty @ October 7 2012, 12:18 PM BST

Somethinhg like that could've put her off men for life.

I wonder why she's never said it before. Maybe it's because she knew the first reactions would be gay jokes and comments about how the groper must have been desperate...

Well one wonders what the groper was looking for?

Quote: zooo @ October 7 2012, 1:50 PM BST

I wonder why she's never said it before. Maybe it's because she knew the first reactions would be gay jokes and comments about how the groper must have been desperate...

Hey, I only did the gay joke.
Give me some credit.

On a serious note, people seem to be having a general attack of amnesia over this thing.
Sexism, and a tolerance for near-abusive behaviour in the work place was rife in the Eighties.
Trying to make it some BBC thing is silly.
And probably has an agenda.

I agree I don't like the way it's being made specifically a BBC thing.