Newsjack - Series 7 Page 5

Quote: Ponderer @ September 17 2012, 6:41 PM BST

I see what you did there Gerry. :)

I'm surprised anyone was watching.

No sketches. I did have one written about Richard III, with a time team twist finding missing things etc, but it was rubbish.

I've got 6 one-liners + an 'And finally', the latter needs working on a tad, sending tonight as I'll have no time to tomorrow.

I did three;

1) A sketch about someone writing for Newsjack and not sure how to tackle the royal exposure issue ( I know, not going to get aired but it made me happy)

2) A sketch about the iPhone reservation number going through to a sex phone line

3) 50 Grades of Gove - an extract from Michael Grades biography regarding a pub quiz

None of them remarkable so not holding out for much. Struggling with one-liners at the minute so might just write off this week. Pardon the pun.

Sent two sketches - a Wills and Kate but not about 'those' pics, the other one a Great British Bake off/Clegg/Cameron mix.

Still working out one liners but they are not in the least bit ready yet.

Didn't send anything for once busy with other stuff.

I think there will be a LOT to do with Middleton boobs and the iPhone, education reforms... Been a really morbid week in the news. No doubt there will be focus on these.

Who on earth is going to focus on Kate's tits?

Quote: Badge @ September 18 2012, 12:08 AM BST

Who on earth is going to focus on Kate's tits?

I DID ! was that wrong ? I guess writing about the most obviously amusing current news story is beneath most people

to my credit tho I didnt once mention the Iphonethat's got to count for something, in fact I barely even know what it is

Quote: alabastercodify @ September 18 2012, 12:56 AM BST

I DID ! was that wrong ? I guess writing about the most obviously amusing current news story is beneath most people

Not if EVERYONE else does a gag about it - unless your take is amazingly original and brilliantly funny, of course.

But they will be swamped by Kate gags and by the time they read yours they might already have what they're looking for.

Obvious doesn't always mean wrong... but try to think of those stories that no one else will have considered as well. If you can make them funny, then there's a good chance you've got a winner.

Quote: alabastercodify @ September 18 2012, 12:56 AM BST

Not beneath us. (As comedy writers not much is beneath us.) But unlikely to be used on the show - and so a waste of precious writing time.

Newsjack is very much a gentle satire and generally quite respectful on such topics. The approach is more silliness than hardcore flay-the-skin-off satire like the Thick of It.

I really shouldn't put jokes in this thread, it only causes confusion...

Idiot. What do you think you are? Some sort of comedy writer or something?

Dan

Quote: Badge @ September 18 2012, 9:14 AM BST

I really shouldn't put jokes in this thread, it only causes confusion...

Not wishing to stifle your creativity Badge perhaps next time you could write 'THIS IS A JOKE' in capital letters before it and then use three exclamation marks afterwards. That would certainly help me know when to laugh.

Quote: StephenM @ September 18 2012, 10:58 AM BST

Not wishing to stifle your creativity Badge perhaps next time you could write 'THIS IS A JOKE' in capital letters before it and then use three exclamation marks afterwards. That would certainly help me know when to laugh.

That's the process I use in my actual submissions to Newsjack. Uncanny.