Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 12

Quote: Tom G @ January 30 2012, 11:23 PM GMT

No but a lot of rubbish/safe comedy gets made these days. Nice to see original and more risky comedy being supported.

I note you don't mention "funny". Being risky doesn't make something funny; being safe doesn't necessarily exclude being funny. Without being funny, it doesn't really matter how risky it is.

Quote: Tokyo Nambu @ January 31 2012, 4:58 AM GMT

I note you don't mention "funny". Being risky doesn't make something funny; being safe doesn't necessarily exclude being funny. Without being funny, it doesn't really matter how risky it is.

He mentioned in his pevious post that he laughed a few times at this though.

Safe can definitely be funny but it's great that shows like this, which are always going to have a limited audience at best, still get made.

It wasn't earth shatteringly funny but it did make me laugh at points and I bet there were a few out there who adored it. If nothing else it was original!

I'd rather do something that 1 in 100 people love than something that 99 in 100 think is ok.

It felt in recent years that unless there was a laughter track and a script with clearly defined set ups and punchlines then it would never see the light of day.

Not everything will be for everyone and not every risk will pay off but we would never have had shows like The Office or the Boosh even if those risks were never taken.

Quote: Tom G @ January 31 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

It felt in recent years that unless there was a laughter track and a script with clearly defined set ups and punchlines then it would never see the light of day.

Glad you think so. As a fan of those kinds of comedies, it seems the exact opposite.

My kids like a bit of Boosh, so I told them this had swearing in but let them see it. They hated it. Comments were "It's a bit scary" and "How is that for grown-ups?"

Quote: Tom G @ January 31 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

...I'd rather do something that 1 in 100 people love than something that 99 in 100 think is ok.

I'd prefer to do something 99 in 100 think's ok rather than 1 out of 100 loves. The 1 might be a dickhead.

Quote: Frantically @ January 31 2012, 10:48 PM GMT

I'd prefer to do something 99 in 100 think's ok rather than 1 out of 100 loves. The 1 might be a dickhead.

No, the dickhead level is higher than 1%...

Not for me, I'm afraid.

I think he's getting a lot of stick on Twitter, because he said he's leaving Twitter for a while and if you don't like his new show you've still got the Boosh.

Quote: blahblah @ February 1 2012, 12:59 PM GMT

I think he's getting a lot of stick on Twitter, because he said he's leaving Twitter for a while

Peoples need to send insults directly to 'famous' people on things like Twitter is really rather pathetic. They get a sad little thrill knowing it'll probably be read by the target.

Quote: zooo @ January 27 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

Noel's Tweet: "The ratings for Luxury comedy were great! And apart from the occasional internet grump the reaction has been magical!"

Quote: blahblah @ February 1 2012, 12:59 PM GMT

I think he's getting a lot of stick on Twitter, because he said he's leaving Twitter for a while and if you don't like his new show you've still got the Boosh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 1 2012, 1:25 PM GMT

Peoples need to send insults directly to 'famous' people on things like Twitter is really rather pathetic. They get a sad little thrill knowing it'll probably be read by the target.

Wow, that occassional internet grump has been really persistent.

Then stop it RC!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 1 2012, 1:34 PM GMT

Then stop it RC!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 1 2012, 1:25 PM GMT

I agree. It still amazes me that celebs allow access to themselves in this way, but I'm a bit backward when it comes to newer social media.

I didn't like this show, but I can't be doing with people who feel the need to send their hate-filled opinions anonymously and as nastily as possible direct to the creator.

it's flippin fantastic from what iv'e seen although I might bloody add how the flippin hell is it supposed to be seen from the flippin web sight when it ain't flippen well there awright . or I might jist be stupit an canny get the feckin hing tae work lol a am a wee scttish lass ye ken. good luck any how. x