Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 15

Quote: sootyj @ February 2 2012, 5:06 PM GMT

I declare Renegade king of the internet.

:$

Quote: Tom G @ February 2 2012, 5:33 PM GMT

I reckon you should post that in critique Renegade! Seriously, I bet there are a lot of people not bothering to read this thread, would be funny to see what they make of your sketch. haha.

:$ :$

This juvenile nonsense gets a second series one disappointing and badly received episode in, while so many other far more promising shows with depth to discover shows aren't given chances? No Sirens, no more Milton's House Of Rooms? Pah.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 3:44 PM GMT

And we can conclude from this that it's not as easy as Noel makes it look. ;)

Says she who hasn't even watched it yet and thus CAN NOT JUDGE!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

A SPOON WITH A CRUDELY DRAWN ON FACE AND WEARING A GREEN AFRO ENTERS THE SCENE.

There is a green spoon with a face in this week's episode.

Renegade wins.

Quote: Aaron @ February 2 2012, 10:00 PM GMT

Says she who hasn't even watched it yet and thus CAN NOT JUDGE!

I have had a good 10 years of watching Noel in other stuff though. ;)

Am well used to people saying 'all he does is name two random things and apparently that's funny,' then they try it, and make fools of themselves, showing precisely how easy it's not.
(See Amstell on Buzzcocks.) :)

So is this a joke or a concept?

Good question.

I quite enjoyed bits of last week's, but this week's was a whole bunch better. Just a lot of fun, plenty of weird laughs; had me giggling from start to finish. Lovely.

I gave up after the first half of this week's episode, I won't bother again.

This week's episode was better. Think it was because there was more of Noel in his tree house (odd sentence). They need something reality-based like that to link it all together - like a host of sorts.

Quote: blahblah @ February 2 2012, 10:33 PM GMT

This week's episode was better. Think it was because there was more of Noel in his tree house (odd sentence). They need something reality-based like that to link it all together - like a host of sorts.

It linked all the sketches better too, one going into another.

I found the 'we're going to see the jelly fox, he'll give us what we need' part strangely riveting and scary, and did laugh this week...hmmm, am I liking it a bit more? Yeah, I think I am.

I love it. Simple as...

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 10:25 PM GMT

I have had a good 10 years of watching Noel in other stuff though. ;)

Am well used to people saying 'all he does is name two random things and apparently that's funny,' then they try it, and make fools of themselves, showing precisely how easy it's not.
(See Amstell on Buzzcocks.) :)

But this isn't other stuff. So your argument is still totally void - until you see at least one episode.

Quote: Aaron @ February 2 2012, 11:11 PM GMT

So your argument is still totally void - until you see at least one episode.

Don't force anyone to watch it, I am being forced to watch it now and feel like punching someone.

Well I still maintain that Renegade's sketch in the style of Noel wasn't funny.
IS THAT ALLOWED, BOSS? :)