Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 14

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 1:29 PM GMT

I've never seen a single episode of 'Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents' and I was able to judge an entire series based on the advert alone.

Well, if it's comedy you're after you is missing out there! :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 1:10 PM GMT

I think he has talent as an actor and performer and his work on the Boosh, IT Crowd, etc. was really outstanding.

As a writer however, his work has a lot to be desired, especially when it's not tempered with the talent of others. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can write a Luxury Comedy sketch in less than a minute.

It's lazy, unfunny and a complete waste of time, money and effort.

I don't think they can. You call yourself Renegade Carpark, and you have an avatar of Daffy Duck, so you seem to like the surreal...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 12:57 PM GMT

Viewers are morons, they'll watch any colourful crap you throw up on the screen and ask for more.

Did you see the viewing figures for episode 1? Let's see this time tomorrow how #2 fares...

(I'm implying that the viewers will vote with their feet.)

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 2 2012, 2:43 PM GMT

I don't think they can. You call yourself Renegade Carpark, and you have an avatar of Daffy Duck, so you seem to like the surreal...

One Luxury Comedy sketch coming up -

NOEL:

Oh no, look! It's Mr. Thrombosis!

A SPOON WITH A CRUDELY DRAWN ON FACE AND WEARING A GREEN AFRO ENTERS THE SCENE.

THROMBOSIS:

Noel, my main man, how's it hanging? I love the wimpole.

NOEL:

Yeah, wimpoles are coming back. This one came with a free motorcyle. Bizarre.

THROMBOSIS:

Okay, shut your hole. I want you to do a duet with Grace Jones.

NOEL:

Grace Jones? No way! She pretended to be the guitarist of the Grumbleweeds and stole all my Happy Meal toys. She's mental.

THROMBOSIS:

(makes high pitched noise for ten seconds) My mind is made up. The studio is booked and if you don't have a cover of Mistletoe and Wine in my office by the morning, I will unleash the disco monkeys.

NOEL:

Disco monkeys, wicked. But, I can't do a cover of Mistletoe and Wine, it will destroy my street cred with the Shoreditch Tufty Lovers.

THROMBOSIS:

Silence! Grace is on her way round and if I don't get my record in twelve hours, you are mashed potatoes!

NOEL:

Oh no, what am I going to do?!

CAMERA CUTS TO A TIN OF BAKED BEANS.

BAKED BEANS:

Toooooaaaaasssstttttt!!!!!

The End.

Wave

:D

So basically you're bitter that Noel has a series and you don't

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

My mind is made up. The studio is booked and if you don't have a cover of Mistletoe and Wine in my office by the morning, I will unleash the disco monkeys.

Sorry, but that's quite funny :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ February 2 2012, 3:29 PM GMT

Sorry, but that's quite funny :)

Oops, better cut that one out then.

Quote: AJGO @ February 2 2012, 3:27 PM GMT

:D

So basically you're bitter that Noel has a series and you don't

Very bitter.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

One Luxury Comedy sketch coming up -

NOEL:

Oh no, look! It's Mr. Thrombosis!

A SPOON WITH A CRUDELY DRAWN ON FACE AND WEARING A GREEN AFRO ENTERS THE SCENE.

THROMBOSIS:

Noel, my main man, how's it hanging? I love the wimpole.

NOEL:

Yeah, wimpoles are coming back. This one came with a free motorcyle. Bizarre.

THROMBOSIS:

Okay, shut your hole. I want you to do a duet with Grace Jones.

NOEL:

Grace Jones? No way! She pretended to be the guitarist of the Grumbleweeds and stole all my Happy Meal toys. She's mental.

THROMBOSIS:

(makes high pitched noise for ten seconds) My mind is made up. The studio is booked and if you don't have a cover of Mistletoe and Wine in my office by the morning, I will unleash the disco monkeys.

NOEL:

Disco monkeys, wicked. But, I can't do a cover of Mistletoe and Wine, it will destroy my street cred with the Shoreditch Tufty Lovers.

THROMBOSIS:

Silence! Grace is on her way round and if I don't get my record in twelve hours, you are mashed potatoes!

NOEL:

Oh no, what am I going to do?!

CAMERA CUTS TO A TIN OF BAKED BEANS.

BAKED BEANS:

Toooooaaaaasssstttttt!!!!!

The End.

Wave

And we can conclude from this that it's not as easy as Noel makes it look. ;)

There are better, blander targets for your ire, RC! If everything a bit out of the norm is greeted with hoots of fury (deserved or not), then there's probably less chance of something unique getting picked up in the future. I don't mean pretend you like it of course, call a shit a shit.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 2 2012, 3:46 PM GMT

There are better, blander targets for your ire, RC! If everything a bit out of the norm is greeted with hoots of fury (deserved or not), then there's probably less chance of something unique getting picked up in the future.

But there aren't. I haven't watched one minute of 'The Royal Bodyguard', because I knew it was going to be poo-bollox beforehand. I was, however, holding out hope for Luxury Comedy and for some stupid reason, I thought it was going to be both hilarious and a turning point for British comedy.

Imagine my surprise when a load of childish, tedious and blatantly lazy manure was put on for my televisual entertainment. This got my ire because I expected more.

Then when they announced a second series, I (rather expectedly) freaked out.

E4 could've commissioned this for a fraction of the budget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA94g-B78nc

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 3:44 PM GMT

And we can conclude from this that it's not as easy as Noel makes it look. ;)

Sorry Zooo but that's way funnier than anything Noel thingy farted out of his brain absence.

I declare Renegade king of the internet.

Quote: sootyj @ February 2 2012, 5:06 PM GMT

Sorry Zooo but that's way funnier than anything Noel thingy farted out of his brain absence.

Er, okay. If you say so.

I know so!

I reckon you should post that in critique Renegade! Seriously, I bet there are a lot of people not bothering to read this thread, would be funny to see what they make of your sketch. haha.