Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1

It starts tonight!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/noel_fieldings_luxury_comedy/

Shame it's on E4, would've thought there's enough of an audience for C4..

Yes, looking forward to it; no doubt it'll get a lot of hate, but hopefully it'll be good. Looks visually very interesting at least.

We note with interest that the DVD release has been postponed by 10 months. Usually a pretty reliable sign of recommission.

Does anyone know, will this be available on 4OD?

Almost certainly.

I will watch this with a mix of fear and trepidation. Afer accidentally watching Noel Fielding's stand up solo act from Montreal a few years ago, in which he just stood around not being funny, I can't say I'm full of confidence.

Honestly, I am really hoping it's good.

I notice from his art that his favourite subject is himself; it's all self-portraits. Not sure what difference that makes, if any.

Really looking forward to this - love the colour and leftfield of the trailers so far. Noel's brain seems to wired differently to most people creatively (in a good way) and feel he's in that same corner of Comedy as the Pythons and Spike.

Just to throw my own personal cynicism out there for no reason at all. I just watched the promoted video on YouTube and I'm absolutely dreading not watching this, however I do believe that watching it would be far worse. I may give it a go but I think I'll probably be busy watching clips of Spike Milligan instead. Does no one get the feeling that he just tries too hard to be surreal? I know it is all a matter of perspective, opinion and what not, but just looking at it makes me think it loses its surreal edge by trying too hard to be surreal.

:D He can't help how it's been publicised. It's supposed to have sitcom elements so let's see how the characters emerge

The thing is, I can only imagine him sitting around a table with other people with his sort of stoned voice just saying: "Maybe we should have a cupboard with an iguana for a face who loves printers". "Yeah man, that sounds wicked."

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ January 26 2012, 7:00 PM GMT

Does no one get the feeling that he just tries too hard to be surreal? I know it is all a matter of perspective, opinion and what not, but just looking at it makes me think it loses its surreal edge by trying too hard to be surreal.

Yes from the minimal bits I've seen from TMB and his NMTB work, I think he overdoes it all the time, and there doesn't seem to be that much variation in his act. That sarky little Amstall bloke got it about right when he told him on one episode that all he does is name odd random things in conjunction together for his comedy. NF looked none too pleased in a very awkward pause but went on to name random things for comedy effect. He'd have been better off getting up and punching the sour tongued little twerp.

I imagine in real life they're probably quite good friends, so I didn't see an awkward pause. Just two comedians taking the piss out of each other.

It wasn't really my cup of tea.
I did laugh at the guy with the moustache & the funny hat.
Most of it was bit "let's be weird for the sake of it"
He's a likeable enough guy, but I think he was funnier within the vague restraints of the Boosh.
Now they've let him loose, I wonder if anything at all was learnt from giving Horne & Corden a sketch show.

I doubt I'll be watching again.

Do you have that new E4-1 channel?