Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 13

Quote: Frantically @ February 1 2012, 8:23 PM GMT

It still amazes me that celebs allow access to themselves in this way

Unless they're stupid, they must realise they're making themselves into a target this way, so there must be a powerful incentive for them to continue doing it. That is, assuming it's not just their PA writing the tweets.

As suspected: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000739/noel_fieldings_luxury_comedy_series_2/

After one episode?

That's just depressing.

Before the first episode, we suspect; just only confirmed now.

http://twitter.com/UKComedyNews/status/162264329587146755

Well done him!

Quote: sootyj @ February 2 2012, 11:43 AM GMT

After one episode?

That's just depressing.

A channel showing faith in something? I'd say that for a writer, that would be an encouraging thing; it's what you'd hope a channel would do.

Quote: Aaron @ February 2 2012, 11:33 AM GMT

As suspected: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000739/noel_fieldings_luxury_comedy_series_2/

From the channel that brought you Gypsies punching each other, Chavs on a coach punching each other and a Chinese homosexual looking at naked fat women - comes the news we've all been waiting for - another series of total garbage!

I hope this sends out a message to all aspiring comedy writers / performers that you don't need talent or skill or wit to succeed on Channel 4. All you need is a high enough profile with 'da kids'.

Viewers are morons, they'll watch any colourful crap you throw up on the screen and ask for more. I imagine that some of the people who've slated the first episode will tune in again tonight. Why? Because people are idiots.

Congratulations and well done.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 12:57 PM GMT

I hope this sends out a message to all aspiring comedy writers / performers that you don't need talent or skill or wit to succeed on Channel 4.

Haven't you said earlier you like his work on The Boosh etc?
So you don't think he has no talent.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 12:59 PM GMT

Don't ruin the rant, Zooo! :D

Soz, Renegade!
Carry on. ;)

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 12:59 PM GMT

I think he has talent as an actor and performer and his work on the Boosh, IT Crowd, etc. was really outstanding.

As a writer however, his work has a lot to be desired, especially when it's not tempered with the talent of others. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can write a Luxury Comedy sketch in less than a minute.

It's lazy, unfunny and a complete waste of time, money and effort.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 1:10 PM GMT

I think he has talent as an actor and performer and his work on the Boosh, IT Crowd, etc. was really outstanding.

Fair enoughski.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 2 2012, 12:57 PM GMT

I imagine that some of the people who've slated the first episode will tune in again tonight. Why? Because people are idiots.

Or because people know that you can't condemn shows on just one episode.

Quote: Nogget @ February 2 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

Or because people know that you can't condemn shows on just one episode.

No, I'll stick with my people are idiots argument.

I've never seen a single episode of 'Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents' and I was able to judge an entire series based on the advert alone.

Quote: zooo @ February 2 2012, 1:13 PM GMT

Fair enoughski.

Bless you!