QI - Series I Page 4

V poor. I almost wanted Johnny Vegas back Huh?

I do love Nina, but that wasn't the best display of her talents. I didn't think it was quite as bad as some previous posters have implied, but Nana's presence jarred with the tone of the episode.

Nevertheless, more Conti on TV is no bad thing. Nor is widening QI's stagnant guest-pool.

The forums on the QI website are of the same opinion. Certainly one of the weaker episodes made and I must agree.

I don't think Nina is the worst guest to have appeared (that title would probably go to Rory McGrath or Pam Ayres) but the puppet just got tiresome.

Also did anyone else notice that the voice for Gran is the same that Nina uses for Brenda in Clare in the Community?

Quote: Aaron @ October 16 2011, 6:12 PM BST

Nevertheless, more Conti on TV is no bad thing. Nor is widening QI's stagnant guest-pool.

Well some more diverse guests are appearing. Prof. Brian Cox on next week, and Henning Wehn the week after that.

That stupid bint with the puppet was annoying. Even Vegas and Monkey would have been funnier.

Didn't anybody realise it wasn't funny before they broadcast it? Pure shite. Can't be arsed watching again if it's going to be that dull.

Alan Davies, your shtick became tiresome years ago.

You are not funny, cute or loveable. You are a perm headed tool.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't a big fan of this week's... I assumed I was in a bad mood. It just... didn't... work.

Turns out the Nina Conti episode was the one involving the spot of handbags between Fry and Lock I mentioned earlier. I imagine that may have contributed to the rather strained feeling of the show.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 20 2011, 3:54 PM BST

Turns out the Nina Conti episode was the one involving the spot of handbags between Fry and Lock I mentioned earlier. I imagine that may have contributed to the rather strained feeling of the show.

Interesting.

I've always imagined Lock could be one to dig his heels in. Do you have any other info on the spat?

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ October 20 2011, 5:25 PM BST

Interesting.

I've always imagined Lock could be one to dig his heels in. Do you have any other info on the spat?

Lock tends to be the most rebellious regular on the show. When Rory McGrath was talking too much, Lock pretend to be sucked into a portal to the underworld under the desk. He got into a bit of a tiff with Fry in that episode as well.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 20 2011, 5:42 PM BST

Lock tends to be the most rebellious regular on the show. When Rory McGrath was talking too much, Lock pretend to be sucked into a portal to the underworld under the desk. He got into a bit of a tiff with Fry in that episode as well.

Haha, brilliant.

McGrath is a buffoon.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ October 20 2011, 5:25 PM BST

Interesting.

It was a case of Lock repeatedly using the phrase "cock monkey" in reference to particular female politician in a way that was libelous and couldn't be aired.

It didn't help that Nina mumbles with the Gran puppet. No great on a show where the guests try to talk over each other.

Quote: Leevil @ October 21 2011, 1:48 AM BST

It didn't help that Nina mumbles with the Gran puppet. No great on a show where the guests try to talk over each other.

The mumbles annoyed me. Couldn't understand a word half the time. Hope her career dies soon.

When I saw a ventriloquist was on the show I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I thought for a second I might be experiencing a rebirth, an explosion of comedy from a very tired outlet.

But then I realised it wasn't funny.

I wouldn't wish any ill on her career but the person who booked her needs a serious lie down.

Quote: David Carmon @ October 22 2011, 2:31 AM BST

The mumbles annoyed me. Couldn't understand a word half the time. Hope her career dies soon.

Jesus, and I thought I was a c**t.