QI - Series I Page 7

Oh yeah, it's Friday- what a twonk I am!

Interesting developments. Someone at the BBC accidentally put the XL edition of the postponded episode on the iPlayer. They took it down again, but there was enough time for someone to copy it and put in YouTube. So you can watch it at the moment.

In terms of what Clarkson may have said to have got the episode shelved, the main thing I can think of is when he is talking about the high suicide rate of vets, because they are animal lovers who had to put down lots of animals, so he talks about vets shooting horses. I'm guessing the Beeb did not want Clarkson talking about shooting horses just after he got into trouble for shooting strikers.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 11 2011, 5:50 PM GMT

Interesting developments. Someone at the BBC accidentally put the XL edition of the postponded episode on the iPlayer. They took it down again, but there was enough time for someone to copy it and put in YouTube. So you can watch it at the moment.

In terms of what Clarkson may have said to have got the episode shelved, the main thing I can think of is when he is talking about the high suicide rate of vets, because they are animal lovers who had to put down lots of animals, so he talks about vets shooting horses. I'm guessing the Beeb did not want Clarkson talking about shooting horses just after he got into trouble for shooting strikers.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

:D So the BBC thinks strikers are the same as horses in need of putting down, interesting

The BBC needs to just stop thinking altogether, clearly!
Is too complicated for them.

Quote: zooo @ December 11 2011, 6:10 PM GMT

The BBC needs to just stop thinking altogether, clearly!
Is too complicated for them.

Perhaps they should replace whoever is making these choices with the QI elves. That way the TV programming would at least be a bit more interesting.

Well, the line was not that Clarkson had said anything that could be taken as offensive in QI, but that they didn't want to seem like the upset wasn't taken seriously and just put him back on TV straight away. If the worst he said was something about the suicide rate of vets, then the facts would seem to support that original BBC line.

For those interested I've written up all the episode information for the guide here.

Thanks for the You Tube links, a pretty good episode on the whole I thought.

If they had just swapped Alan Davies for Sean Lock/Jack Dee/David Mitchell/Jimmy Carr ........

This is hilarious.

The guests get their own back on Fry (as such).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIiYRO_yl5E&feature=related

Oh, I loooooove that clip! Have watched it too many times.

For me that was the best comedy moment of the last few years.

According to DigiGuide, the postponed Clarkson episode will go out on 19th February at 22.00.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 26 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

According to DigiGuide, the postponed Clarkson episode will go out on 19th February at 22.00.

Now that the country's problems have been resolved? Still fuming over this.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 26 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

The 10th according to the top of the page. :)

It is on the 10th. I assume Ian mistyped.