QI - Series I Page 2

Must just be me then.

I thought he looked like he'd been on the sauce a bit.

Stephen Fry was being pretty nasty to Lee Mack, what was that all about?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ September 12 2011, 8:52 AM BST

Stephen Fry was being pretty nasty to Lee Mack, what was that all about?

I think it was Mack winding him up. I remember on the "Making of" documentary saying that his position on the show is to appear more stupid than Alan, so I think he likes to try and make Stephen angry by pretending to be more stupid than he is. You can see it happening before in the Series H Christmas special when they were talking about I before E except after C.

Piece of absolute journalistic bollocks on Chortle on the show's return: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2011/09/12/13962/qi_loses_1.2m_in_bbc_two_switch

For one thing, it attracted 3.2 million viewers - they appear to have left out HD. Oh, and they've forgotten to account for the 1.6 million who watched the XL edition - have these people never heard of reach (and let's not even get started on consolidated figures)? And where has this 4.2 million come from, given that the figures were wildly inconsistent and ranged between 3.9 million and close to 6 million?

Basically - site looking for negative spin, decides to ignore the facts. Chortle turning into Daily Mail?

Pretty much!

A mate of mine edits this show and told me a story the other day about Stephen Fry and Sean Lock having a big "on air" dust up over the repeated use of the phrase "cock monkey".

Quote: cwickham @ September 12 2011, 11:39 AM BST

Basically - site looking for negative spin, decides to ignore the facts. Chortle turning into Daily Mail?

And that is why the BCG is the better website. Pleased

The BCG May not get the news first, but at least when it's biased it's usually biased in a consistent way.

The QI documentary was prety good I thought.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 12 2011, 12:38 PM BST

The BCG May not get the news first

I think you'll find it quite often does!

That's news to me!
:D

Ha!
Some sites (naming no names) copy and paste our news and try to pass it off as theirs.

Anyway, back to QI...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 12 2011, 12:56 PM BST

That's news to me!
:D

As one of the reports I can tell you we often do get the stories first.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 12 2011, 12:38 PM BST

The QI documentary was prety good I thought.

I was sad to see Ian Wolf wasn't included. :) Very interesting programme though.

Quote: cwickham @ September 12 2011, 11:39 AM BST

Piece of absolute journalistic bollocks on Chortle on the show's return: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2011/09/12/13962/qi_loses_1.2m_in_bbc_two_switch

For one thing, it attracted 3.2 million viewers - they appear to have left out HD. Oh, and they've forgotten to account for the 1.6 million who watched the XL edition - have these people never heard of reach (and let's not even get started on consolidated figures)? And where has this 4.2 million come from, given that the figures were wildly inconsistent and ranged between 3.9 million and close to 6 million?

They do that from time to time. Look at this if you want a laugh: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2010/08/31/11635/men_are_funnier_than_women

Oh there's so much I wish to say, but diplomacy will not permit. :)