Red Dwarf X Page 21

Quote: Ben @ October 11 2012, 9:38 PM BST

I'm furious too, Renegade. I'm boycotting it if next week isn't an improvement.

I want to boycott it too, but then I'd only be left with one sitcom to watch a week in the form of The Thick Of It.

From the preview, next week shows them running around ancient Rome in the time of Jesus. I'm sure it will be so funny, it will be like watching a sequel to Life Of Brian. Unimpressed

(on the plus side, during the outrageously long advert breaks, I'm able to watch an entire feature length movie on DVD)

I thought there was a lot to like.

But it won't be in anyones top ten.

Worst

Episode

Ever

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 11 2012, 9:50 PM BST

This.

The Chinese whispers thing was a bit rubbish though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 11 2012, 9:50 PM BST

Agree. It wasn't as funny as last weeks, but I really enjoyed all the Lister stuff.

Red Dwarf is the Rolling Stones of comedy.

Every now and then it's back. Older and creakier but with enough goodwill to be able to get away with going through the motions in front of a loyal fanbase.

Stretching my metaphor to breaking point, I suspect this series is Red Dwarf's 'Voodoo Lounge'.

It appears to be only good for boosting the contributing actors pension pot!

Quote: lofthouse @ October 11 2012, 9:55 PM BST

Worst

Episode

Ever

No. 'Duct Soup'.

Dan

Watching some of the reruns and still scratching my head about some of the cultural references 20 years later.

James Last?

Rob Grant must sit there - with glass of barley wine in hand - and think "Truly, I am a man with dignity".

Tonight's episode was perfect, classic Dwarf.

So glad they're back to form.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 11 2012, 11:17 PM BST

Watching some of the reruns and still scratching my head about some of the cultural references 20 years later.

James Last?

Wiki is your friend, as always.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Last

I thought he was joking
I remember James Last

Unfortunately after the decent episode last week I thought this was atrocious. Several unrelated plots bolted together, cringeworthy attempts at humour and bad direction. Awful.

Plenty to like, some stuff to dislike. Some great gags, some not so great gags. Last week was probably better. Next week might be better than this week. That's Red Dwarf. That's all comedy. F**k me, give the series a chance before you start boycotting it or whatever. Far as I can see, this series is doing its very best to return to the golden era of Red Dwarf, and it's actually doing a pretty good job of it.