Red Dwarf X Page 20

Quote: jhmagic1 @ October 8 2012, 10:52 PM BST

Dont think the series 8 finale has been resolved, right now they are working backwards because 'Back to Earth' takes place after series 10 in the timeline.

Was this fact (if it is a fact) made really explicitely evident or is this an observation by a nerd? I must say I get sometimes a bit confused with Red Dwarf but I'd really like to get the timeline right.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 10 2012, 11:40 AM BST

is this an observation by a nerd?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 10 2012, 11:40 AM BST

I'd really like to get the timeline right.

The lack of irony in your post is killing me Gordo.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 10 2012, 11:48 AM BST

The lack of irony in your post is killing me Gordo.

Maybe you have to get the story right to get all the jokes, anyone? *switches irony button back on*

I wouldn't bother trying to make it all add up, the writers didn't :)

Quote: jhmagic1 @ October 8 2012, 10:52 PM BST

Dont think the series 8 finale has been resolved, right now they are working backwards because 'Back to Earth' takes place after series 10 in the timeline.

Does it? Looks to me like series 10 runs after Back To Earth in a proper timeline.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/how-red-dwarf-blends-sitcom-with-scifi-in-just-10,86479/

Half time....

Oh dear

Tedius

Lame

Really? I thought the exchange between Lister and himself was funny.

Rapunzels pubes?

Seriously?

Terrible

*cries*

That was orrible

Sigh....

Better than episode 1. I liked the floppy guitar gag. The Chinese whispers running 'joke' was pretty lame though. Also, the plot was reminiscent of both 'Queeg' and 'White Hole'.

I found the latest episode unengaging and tedious. The whole thing just seemed to be two sub-plots welded together with little substance as a whole.

Reminded me a lot of the new Doctor Who this week -

In that loads of random plot holed filled shite happened between people running around not being funny.

This was pretty poor stuff and the use of 'zany slapstick' seems to have taken over from any kind of story telling. I actually found myself getting angry at the tediously foreshadowed 'jokes' - the Chinese whisper vending machine running gag being the worst offender.

Crapola.

I'm furious too, Renegade. I'm boycotting it if next week isn't an improvement.

After a poor start I really like the first ep

But this was boring, naff, uninspiring pap

Just hope it was a bad bad blip and ep3 will be better

Frankly it was a load of smegging shit

I agree it was very poor, I thought the Bombardier ads were more funny and entertaining than watching Red Dwarf X.