That Friday Quiz Page 110

Friday Quiz March 7th 2014
1.Who is being parodied here? David Cameron
2.More than 21,000 competitors will be in the Midlands this weekend taking part in the biggest event of its kind in the world. What is it? Crufts Dog Show
3.What celestial feature takes its name from the Greek word for milk? Galaxy
4.You knew them 20 years ago - now they're all grown up. Who are they? Rug Rats
5.Pig's blood, fat and oatmeal are the ingredients in what type of pudding? Black Pudding
6.What is someone who makes arrows called? Fletcher
7.Italian football club Juventus modeled their black and white striped shirts on which English football club? Notts County
8.What is the name of the lake that borders five of Northern Ireland's six counties? Lough Neagh
9.What links the two pictures? AVENGERS & ENGRAVES are anagrams of each other

10.Name the landmark. The Old Man of Hoy
11.In Monopoly, what is the only property that is located south of the River Thames? Old Kent Road
12.Which brightly coloured cotton fabric takes its name from the Hindi word for spatter or stain? Chintz
13.Name the programme? Dr Who / Sarah Jane Adventures
14.Which French painter worked briefly on the construction of the Panama Canal? Paul Gaugin
15.How many questions must a pair correctly answer to win money on the Million Pound Drop (original version)? 8
16.A woman in a toga holding a torch is the logo of which film studio? Columbia
17.What term describes a novel in which real people feature under assumed names? Roman a clef
18.A salmon's tail weighs 8 kilos. Its head weighs the same as the tail plus one half of the body, and the body weighs as much as the head and tail combined. How much does the salmon weigh in total? 64kg

19.What links these pictures: YEAR (Peter Mayle, author of A Year in Provence; four seasons pizza; Johnny Logan winning Eurovision with 'What's Another Year; The Year of Living Dangerously)

20.Unscramble the two words E E G G N O O O R T U V TONGUE & GROOVE

17. I thought that was Nero.

2. We Will Rock You

3. Scurvy

14. Diana Dors

5. Turmeric
7. Tzatziki

11. The ballad of John and Yoko

15. Karma
16. The Somme.

10.Sea Cucumber
13. Wrestling

4. Cold Feet

9. McWhirter (Norris and Ross)

19. DREAM (Dreamworks, I Dreamed A Dream, I Have A Dream, Dreaming, Dreamgirls)

Friday Quiz March 14th 2014
1.Where could you have seen stripes in triplicate this week? London zoo. Birth of tiger triplets.
2.After 12 years, what will draw to a close on 31st May? London run of We Will Rock You.
3.Which disease, caused by a deficiency of vitamin C, was once common in sailors and characterised by swollen bleeding gums and bleeding into the skin and joints? Scurvy
4.Name the TV show Cold Feet

5.Which spice is often used as a cheaper alternative to saffron because of its colour? Turmeric
6.Which historic east coast Scottish county is traditionally prefaced by the title 'the Kingdom of'? Fife
7.Yoghurt and garlic combine with cucumber to make which Greek hors d'oeuvre? Tzatziki
8.What is the largest British freshwater crustacean? It resembles a small lobster. Crayfish
9.What name links the following? McWhirter (Norris & Ross)

10.What is this? Sea cucumber
11.Which of the Beatle's UK number one singles doesn't feature the title anywhere in the lyrics? The Ballad of John & Yoko
12.Which continent's snake population does not include an indigenous species of viper? Australia (Australasia / Oceania)
13.This man was famous for commentating on which sport? Wrestling (Kent Walton)
14.Which actress appeared as the Fairy Godmother in the video of Adam and the Ants' 'Prince Charming'? Diana Dors
15.In Hinduism and Buddhism, what term is used for the influence of a person's past actions on their future lives and incarnations? Karma
16.Which battle of World War I, lasting nearly 6 months, resulted in over a million killed or injured, and all for an Allied advance of just seven miles? Battle of the Somme
17.In music, what two word term describes the interval between, for example, the note G and the note D above it? Perfect fifth
18.I need to make as many Union Jacks as possible for a Eurovision party. They are to measure 2 feet by 3 feet. The material costs £1.50 per foot and comes in a roll five feet wide, which can be bought in any length (down to the inch). I have a total of £12.60 to spend on cloth - how many whole flags can I make? Six. You can buy 8.4 feet of material with the money, so there will be a rectangle of 8.4 x 5. Cut this into two rectangles, 8.4 x2 and 8.4 x 3. Two flags and four flags respectively can be made from the two rectangles.

19.What links these pictures: DREAMS (Dreamworks; I dreamed a dream; I have a dream; dreaming; dreamgirls)

20.Unscramble the two words A D D F F I I L L O P T U DAFFODIL & TULIP

No Googling
Maximum of two answers each today, and then as many as you like after

16. Atelier

1. Vera Lynn

3. Horseradish