That Friday Quiz Page 114

4.Buzz Aldrin?

12.Charlie Chaplin

15. The Man From UNCLE

11. Keys

13. Charles Rennie Mackintosh

19. Green(e)

(Reverend, Robson, Bowling, King, Lincoln.)

18. Five medals

I've got a day off tomorrow So I'll post a new one later

Here are the answers (posted after Tursiops efforts)

Friday Quiz April 11th 2014
1.Where will you no longer find lettuce? In your burger at TGI Friday.
2.A current survey has revealed that we each own on average how many pairs of pants? (I’ll give you two leeway) 18 (accept 16-20)
3.In Greek mythology, which youth , who pined away after falling in love with his own reflection, was turned into the flower that bears his name? Narcissus
4.Who is this famous face from the 1960s? Neil Armstrong

5.Which rock festival was the subject of a song written by Joni Mitchell that became a number one hit in 1970? Woodstock
6.Which group of artists, whose name means ‘wild beasts’ in French, took inspiration from the post-Impressionists? Fauves
7.Which small fountain sculpture in Brussels, depicting a young boy, is known affectionately by local people as the ‘oldest citizen’? Manneken Pis
8.In music, what word is generally used for a counter melody either composed or improvised above a familiar melody? Descant
9.Which actor links these two films? Christian Bale (Velvet Goldmine ; Empire of the Sun)

10.Name the fictional team Melchester Rovers

11.What common name is used for the seed pods of the ash tree, which flutter down to earth in little bunches? Keys
12.In a famous scene from a film of the silent era, which actor tucks into a Thanksgiving day meal of a boiled shoe? Charlie Chaplin
13.Name the designer. Frank Lloyd Wright
14.Whose law states that, within the proportional limit, the extension produced in a spring or wire is proportional to the force producing it? Hooke’s Law
15.In which 1960s television series was an international spy organization run from behind a tailor’s shop in New York? The Man from U.N.C.L.E
16.Which British tree, often planted on river banks to prevent erosion, is suitable for charcoal-making and was once used for making clogs? Alder
17.What is the title of the Academy award winning documentary film about a school shooting in America? Bowling for Columbine
18.Jake and three classmates were comparing the number of medals they’d won at the swimming gala. “I’ve got one more than you”, said Jake. “And I have two more than you”, said one pupil to another. “I’ve got three more than you” said one to another. “I’ve got four more than you”, “And I’ve got five more than you”, “I’ve got six more than you”, as their voices rose to a clamour, but we don’t know who was talking to whom. They managed to win 27 medals between them, how many did Jake win? 5. (The medals won were 4, 5, 8 and 10)

19.What links these pictures: All can precede ‘green’ (Parsons; bowling; Robson; crown; Lincoln)

20.Unscramble the Shakespearean couple: A B E H I M P R S S T U Y PYRAMUS & THISBE

Might as well take second bite at the cherry:

6. Fauvists

17. Bowling for Columbine.

10. The Mitford sisters?
16. anthropomorphisation

I REALLY WANT TO GET THE ANDREW LINCOLN ONE BUT I CAN'T.

6. Fred Perry

12. Atomium

2. Paxman
5. Aphrodite

8.Jetsam

15.Heat

17. Marlene Dietrich

21, The link is obvious enough, but I can't see anyone getting them all without cheating. So here are the ones I know:

A. Aardwolf
B. Abigail's Party
C. Abyssinian cat
D. Admiral
E.
F.
G. Amundsen
H.
I. Apollo
j. Arrow
K. Aster
L.