L.
M.
N. Avebury
O. Avocet
P.
Q. Alcatraz
R. Azzurri

L could be Atonement

Number 19 is killing me: who's the guy on the right?

We have: a bookshelf with books, John "The Duke" Wayne in True Grit, Henry Rollins (Rollins Band, Black Flag), Tony Hancock...

Andrew Lincoln, from The Walking Dead. I have no clue what the link is.

The books seem to be Marian Keyes, which obviously is similar to John's real name. But, I think they're just supposed to be generic 'books'.

They do all seem to have birth names and stage names (possibly?), but WTF have the books got to do with that?

19. Chickens

Chic Lit, Rooster, (Han)cock, Egg, ..

Oh bloody hell. That's stretched pretty thin!
I mean, is it seriously HENry Rollins??

Well done though. :)

Quote: JohnnyD @ 30th June 2014, 11:00 PM BST

19. Chickens

Chic Lit, Rooster, (Han)cock, Egg, ..

Ok, I wouldn't have solved that riddle in a Million years. Thanks for ending my painful brainstorm, Johnny!

Friday Quiz May 2nd 2014
1.Whose self-portrait has been saved for the nation? Sir Anthony Van Dyck's
2.Who is quitting the hot seat after 25 years of grilling? Jeremy Paxman
3.The Yakuza are a criminal organization from which country? Japan
4.Name the band The Kooks

5.Venus was the Roman goddess of love. Who is her Greek equivalent? Aphrodite
6.Which clothes manufacturer has the symbol of a laurel wreath? Fred Perry
7.Which British composer was the first to be made a life peer in the House of Lords? Benjamin Britten
8.What word describes items thrown overboard by a ship in distress? Jetsam
9.What links these two pictures? Puck

10.Name the family The Mitford sisters

11.The name of which orphan, created by an American novelist, is now used for anyone of a particularly sunny and optimistic disposition? Pollyanna
12.Opened in the 1950s, what is the name of the visitor attraction in Brussels which takes the form of a giant model of an iron crystal? Atomium
13.Name the 1990s series. All Quiet on the Preston Front
14.The name of which thick, reddish-brown Chinese sauce means 'seafood' although there is no fish in it? Hoisin
15.Which 1990s film ends with a confrontation between Robert De Niro and Al Pacino near the main landing strip of Los Angeles airport? Heat
16.What word is used for the attribution of human characteristics to any non-human object, especially animals? Anthropomorphism
17.Which German film actress and singer's adoption of trousers and other mannish clothes helped launch an American fashion craze in the 1930s? Marlene Dietrich
18. Each of the letters S - Z has one of the eight values listed. No two have the same value. Match each value with its corresponding letter.
Values: 2, 6, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 26
Z + S = X
V - X = Y
U + Z = T
W - V = Z
T + U = W
Y + U = S
S=12; T=16; U=10; V=20; W=26; X=18; Y=2; Z=6

19.What links these pictures: Chickens/fowl (CHICK lit; ROOSTER Cogburn; HENry Rollins; Tony HanCOCK; EGG)

20.Unscramble the three word phrase: A A A B D H I K L M N O Y Y MAY BANK HOLIDAY

21.All the pictures below are loosely connected. Please say what you see in each picture.
All the answers begin with A (and are in alphabetical order)
1 2 3 4
AardwolfAbigail's PartyAbyssinianAdmiral
5 6 7 8
AdukiAiredaleAmundsenAnni-Frid
9 10 11 12
ApolloAssegaiAsterAtonement
13 14 15
AustinAveburyAvocet
16 17 18
AwningAzkabanAzzurri
22 The last of four sisters got married yesterday. There has been a wedding a year for the last four years, all on the 16th April. Dee married yesterday, Carol last year, Babs the year before and Abbi the year before that. Abbi is older than Dee. The strange thing is that each bride was married when her age was exactly the same as the sum of the digits of the ages of her three sisters. All daughters were married before their 30th birthday. How old is each daughter?
Abbi is 27, Babs is 28, Carol is 20, and Dee is 21, 21 = 2+7+2+8+2+0.
A year ago, they were 26, 27, 19, and 20, 19 = 2+6+2+7+2+0.
Two years ago, they were 25, 26, 18, and 19, 26 = 2+5+1+8+1+9.
Three years ago, they were 24, 25, 17, and 18, 24 = 2+5+1+7+1+8.
23 Unscramble these two words A A A A G I L M N P R R APRIL ANAGRAM

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st July 2014, 12:48 PM BST

21 P
Al Fresco

Is he the bloke sitting outside the restaurant?

13. Finland?

5. Tudors

6. Vole

#19. I'll take a guess at The City of Leicester being the link?

I recognise Mark Selby, he is from Leicester and Sam Bailey who I believe is also from Leicester, I don't know who the others are.

4.Rockford Files

12. Jaguar

9 Springsteen