That Friday Quiz Page 108

11. Mary Quant

5. Biltong

Friday Quiz February 21st 2014
1.What was worth £11.4 billion this week? WhatsApp
2.A moonwalking pony - whatever next? A singing cat. The star of Three's latest advert.
3.Which acronym, describing local opposition to an undesirable development was first coined in 1980? NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard)
4.Who is this? Kirsten O'Brien
5.What name of Afrikaans origin is given to lean meat that is cut into strips and dried in the sun? Biltong
6.What French term is used in ballet for a dance between two people? Pas de deux
7.Which Swiss city stands on the Rhine where the French, German and Swiss borders meet? Basle
8.Literally meaning 'self-boiling', what is the usual Russian term for a tea urn? Samovar
9.What links the two pictures? Autumn. AUTUMN Phillips and The FALL

10.Name the artist. Henri Toulouse-Lautrec
11.Which fashion designer opened her first boutique, in Chelsea's King's Road in the 1950s, along with her future husband? Mary Quant
12.Which tree has sweet-smelling white flowers that can be used to make a cordial, and black berries that can be used to make a wine? Elder
13.Name the programme. The Returned
14.An increment of five degrees on the Celsius scale corresponds to an increment of how many degrees on the Fahrenheit scale? 9
15.What name is most commonly given to the forceful and often repeated tail-slapping on the surface of the water by a whale or dolphin while most of the animal is under water? Lobtailing
16.In which film is the title character put on a chain gang as a punishment for cutting the tops off parking meters? Cool Hand Luke
17.Which term, meaning a strict disciplinarian, is taken from the name of one of Louis XIV's generals, who devised a rigorous system of drill? Martinet
18.In my garden is a web with 13 spiders and flies in it. There is a total of 94 legs in the web. How many spiders are there? 8

19.What links these pictures:
Syndromes (Stockholm; Down's; Gulf War; Chinese Restaurant; Munchausen's)

20.Unscramble the two neighbours A A A B E I K N O R S W IOWA & NEBRASKA

There's another quiz ready if someone wants to reply to make a gap

Laughing out loud

No Googling
Max of two answers today & then as many as you want after that

10. No Country For Old Men.
19. Fly.

10. No Country For Old Men

Damn zooo!!!!!

13. Scientology

14. Camera Obscura?

Hee.

6. Toledo

12. Scientology.

5. Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.
*edited to correct number of.question answeted.

1. UKIP

3. Squirrel

7. Transistor

15. blini

17. convection

20. Dachshund and Corgi

12 - The Prisoner (Can't believe nobody else got this)

16 - Cockxyx (or however it's spelt!)

Quote: Jennie @ 23rd May 2014, 1:58 PM BST

6. Toledo

12. Scientology.

I think you meant 13 although someone else got it first.