That Friday Quiz Page 109

Friday Quiz February 28th 2014
1.It's Shrove Tuesday next week. According to a recent survey, what is Britain's favourite pancake topping? Lemon juice & sugar
2.In what way did a French meat dumpling make the sports news yesterday? The 'quenelle' gesture made by Nicholas Anelka which lead to a ban being handed out.
3.Which animal's tree home is known as a drey? Squirrel
4.What post does this man hold? Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Owen Paterson)
5.At the start of which book is the earth destroyed to make way for a hyperspace bypass? Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6.Which city, renowned for its sword-making, was the capital of Spain until the mid 16th century? Toledo
7.Which device that revolutionized the electronics industry was patented in the late 1940s by three physicists working for a US telephone company? Transistor
8.On a roulette wheel, what is the usual colour of the compartment containing the number zero? Green
9.What links the two pictures? Nineteen. Single by Paul Hardcastle & album by Adele

10.Name the film. No Country For Old Men
11.In a plant, what is the name of the single main root from which lateral roots develop? Taproot
12.In which cult television series was 'the Village' patrolled by a white balloon? The Prisoner
13.Which religion did this man found? Scientology (L Ron Hubbard)
14.What Latin term was given to a darkened room or box into which light is admitted through a small hole producing an inverted image of an outside scene? Camera Obscura
15.What is the name of the small Russian pancakes traditionally served with sour cream and caviar? Blini
16.Commonly referred to as the tailbone, what is the anatomical name of the triangular bone that forms the final segment of the spine? Coccyx
17.In physics, what term is used for the transference of heat through a fluid or gas by the actual movement of the fluid itself? Convection
18.Using only plus and minus, create an equation by inserting the fewest of them possible into 987654321 = 100. Eg 98 + 7 - 6 + 5 - 4 + 3 - 2 - 1 = 100. The numbers must stay in the same order. 98 - 76 + 54 + 3 +21 = 100

19.What links these pictures: FLY (Fly-half Jonny Wilkinson; Jeff Goldblum starred in The Fly; Randy Crawford sang Ond Day I'll Fly Away; Flyweight (Charlie Magri); Michael J Fox played Marty McFly)

20.Unscramble the two breeds A C C D D G H H I N O R S U CORGI & DACHSHUND

Thanks for posting these, Steve. They are always fun. Where do you get them from?

Some guy called Terry e mails them around every Friday morning.
We used to play it at my old job, you submit your answers before 4 & then he sends the final scores with the answers. There's usually about 20 teams from various different companies who enter
When I left I asked him to keep sending the quiz to my personal e mail

I'm a bit behind on posting them up as you can tell by the dates.

7. Notts County.

The only thing they are famous for!

Obviously the modeled their playing style on Nottingham Forest.

1. David Cameron.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th May 2014, 12:11 PM BST

Some guy called Terry e mails them around every Friday morning.
We used to play it at my old job, you submit your answers before 4 & then he sends the final scores with the answers. There's usually about 20 teams from various different companies who enter
When I left I asked him to keep sending the quiz to my personal e mail

I'm a bit behind on posting them up as you can tell by the dates.

Would definitely brighten up some of my Fridays! Presumably you spend most of the day discussing them...

3. Galaxy

17. Roman a clef

6. Fletcher
16. Columbia

Quote: Jennie @ 27th May 2014, 12:17 PM BST

7. Notts County.

The only thing they are famous for!

What about being the oldest league football club in the world?

Well that too.

But that is it.

Forest are the third oldest league club in the world.

Who is sandwiched in between?

Stoke? Quite an old club.

Correct!

A distinguished trio, I'm sure you'll agree.

I used to live in the Midlands, so I'll leave it there.

5 - Black Pudding

10 - The Old Man Of Hoy.

11 Old Kent Road

19 Year

10. 12 Apostles?

13,is it Dr Who?

15,8?