Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights Page 15

Quote: sootyj @ December 11 2010, 2:45 PM GMT

There is not enough mockery or venom in the world.

Quiet, hippie.

Ignoring the whole Jordan debacle, I thought it was a vast improvement this week.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 11 2010, 9:31 AM GMT

For people who were offended by the Harvey joke and think it is unacceptable/cowardly whatever - try not to be offended on behalf of other people if you can.

Yep, that kind of philosophy worked so f**king well in 1930s Germany, didn't it?

And agree with Gregor, people who think this is "cutting edge" humour really need to (interrupt their daily sofa masturbation marathon sessions and) get out more...

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ December 11 2010, 12:12 PM GMT

Watched all of this last night and laughed at the gag about Harvey f**king her. I'm not ashamed.

:)

Big piece in today's Mail on Sunday about the 'Harveygate' scandal in which FB is referred to as 'recovering alcoholic Frankie Boyle'.

What a world, eh?

Laughing out loud

Perhaps he could call them recovering Nazi sympathisers

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 12 2010, 12:30 AM GMT

Yep, that kind of philosophy worked so f**king well in 1930s Germany, didn't it?

Is this your Fox News audition? Really don't bring up the Nazis into relation to Frankie Boyle, it's embarrassing. Hitler didn't attack Britain because they left him off the bill at Jongleurs. All comedy pillories someone. If you think the line bends happily around fat people or stupid people or labour supporters or the Welsh but not disabled children you're just a confused and sentimental c**t.

All this aside from the other two points I made that you failed to quote.

I did find the whore references GT by the by - but not the vaginal size sketch featuring the seven dwarfs if memory serves. For some reason it appears to be deleted. I can imagine why. :)

Don.t bate me Peterson

I'll take no mocking from those who doctor their scripts

minkey dust was much better

Quote: sootyj @ December 12 2010, 3:04 PM GMT

Don.t bate me Peterson

I'll take no mocking from those who doctor their scripts

Laughing out loud

I'll say no more on the matter!

All the sketches and jokes are currently available on www.tramadolnights.co.uk

Some really funny shit.

Thanks, Ker!

I have written quite a lot here getting this issue off my chest. I apologise in advance for any repeated commotion brought on by this.

This is most certainly late to bring up and I don't mean to rekindle the debate over some of Frankie's jokes but having getting annoyed about a some quotes used in a certain Scotsman article; I felt that I would like to voice my point of view on such. Frankie Boyle's jokes are dark humour, as in it's meant to either make you laugh or stir a reaction. This is seen on this forum and so many others about Tramadol Nights as well as many of his TV appearances and stand-up. One of my most favourite Frankie Boyle jokes is one about him driving through a town called Bathgate in Scotland were he sees a guy peeing against a house door, then getting a key out to unlock that door. That is funny on many levels - the image of it to begin with just sounds funny. The actual joke begun with "there is nothing more Scottish than..." which is pretty blunt making it sound like all Scottish people do it. Last and my favourite part is that I stay in a town called Livingston, about a 5 minute car ride from Bathgate so for me to abruptly say "that was probably my uncle I bet!" to my mum and dad made the whole thing classic on a personal level!
Why am I bringing this example up? Well if I were to compare it to his joke about Katie Price and Harvey then I would say its bluntly the same thing. That Scottish guy he saw peeing on his own house is pretty much Harvey. Boyle has taken a specific image and put it into his joke to make it a joke about a group of people. One case the Scottish and another case people with special needs or specific learning disorders. He is simply using an image which envokes the idea of a topic and making that the catch of his joke.
Some people will find this offensive or feel that this is just wrong and poor comedy, to this I say you are wrong. If you feel so strongly about a joke like this as for some personal reason and you have found Frankie Boyle's jokes funny - you are a hypocrite. A joke about a country is just as selective, "shocking" and crude as a joke about special needs or specific learning disorders or even, religion, terrorism, government, abuse or even the royal family. If you do not appreciate any of Boyle's jokes then don't watch him. If you are like me and share an appreciation for good comedy then I say go see Frankie Boyle live, perhaps with a very easily offended friend or family member. That makes the experience that bit more fun when you have someone looking simply shocked by what they have just heard.
As much as I would have loved to end it on that... P. S. Comedians work on their material yearly taking time researching into media to find those priceless jokes. So if a comedian has a lot of show time or sells a DVD at the same time as a TV show is out - you will find the same material. Other comedians who have this issue bar Frankie Boyle are Kevin Bridges, John Bishop. That's not me taking time into personal research - that's just common sense, don't slag a comedy show because of this when happens to be a usual thing.

I agree with much of that.

I think the jokes about lusty black men and dangerous mentally ill people infintely more offensive.

But no one seems to care.

Some of the sketches entertained. But in the main this was poor.
Tired old sketches, dated targets and thew shock factor of a village idiot asking you to sniff his finger.

And so what if George Micheal likes a wank in his car? So what?
It's sniggering homophobia of the lowest order.