Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights Page 39

Quote: Aaron @ February 4 2011, 3:12 AM GMT

Guys, this is getting needlessly personal now. You're clearly not going to reach any kind of agreement on this, as you - particularly Ian and Godot - have fundamentally differing views on the show. Let's not continue bickering like this please.

That's okay Aaron, I'm never just happy chucking insults at people, there's got to be more, but the thread had veered into preposterous trolling (rubbish, rubbish standup etc.) with no analysis or reasoning.

That's why I chipped in.

I note that despite an invitation to deconstruct the show, the denigrators can do no more than post 'it's bollocks' or equivalent. And some of these people attest to being writers and bloggers.

I'm pretty confident that I have made my points in plenty of detail a few times in this thread. Barring the one time I posted a purposefully flippant comment for comedic effect.

Godot v Griff?

call out the Notional Guard!

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2011, 1:23 PM GMT

Please let that not be a typo.

I didn't watch the Frankie Boyle show. Just trying to stay on topic.

It wasn't I reckon there's a whole sketch in there

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2011, 1:23 PM GMT

Godot v Griff?

That's Griff on the left.

Quote: Griff @ February 8 2011, 2:06 PM GMT

I do love the Morbius.

And none of the things I say about Godot should be construed that I dislike or disapprove of him.

It's too late Griff, I'm gonna take you back to your pantaloon-wearing first manifestation!

Note to mods: This is an example of the post-structualist ethnological meta-narrative inversion that went in Tramadol Nights, so not off-topic.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 8 2011, 2:56 PM GMT

It's too late Griff, I'm gonna take you back to your pantaloon-wearing first manifestation!

Note to mods: This is an example of the post-structualist ethnological meta-narrative inversion that went in Tramadol Nights, so not off-topic.

You could polish a turd for the queen herself

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 8 2011, 2:56 PM GMT

This is an example of the post-structualist ethnological meta-narrative inversion.

They probably used those exact words to sell this to Channel 4. Probably.

I read "My Shit Life So Far" on the plane yesterday.

A lot of it is hilarious, but I can't help thinking that big chunks seemed like they were phoned in, literally.

Sentences like "What's that thing called again?" don't seem congruous with a guy writing something at a computer.

Or maybe he was just writing in the style of his standup?

Quote: Griff @ February 8 2011, 2:57 PM GMT

As long as you don't take me forward to the Sylvester McCoy one I don't mind.

Nobody's that evil.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 8 2011, 12:55 PM GMT

That's okay Aaron, I'm never just happy chucking insults at people, there's got to be more, but the thread had veered into preposterous trolling (rubbish, rubbish standup etc.) with no analysis or reasoning.

That's why I chipped in.

I note that despite an invitation to deconstruct the show, the denigrators can do no more than post 'it's bollocks' or equivalent. And some of these people attest to being writers and bloggers.

Ahem.

"He's a decent stand-up who was very well suited to the Mock The Week panel-show-esque format. Tramadol Nights failed because:
a) The stand-up wasn't his best for the majority of the time
b) He's not an actor and didn't seem comfortable in the sketches
c) Far far too long sketches, even on the occasions the underlying idea was good

I didn't find it offensive, I just found it dull and unfunny."

There you go. I attempted to "deconstruct" it to at least some degree a week ago.

Ed Byrne on The One Show last night reckoned Richard Hammond's Mexican comments crossed the line. Thank God for the collected thoughts and comedy of Frankie Boyle then.

Comedians are as f**king hypocritical as anyone else, often more-so.