The Royle Family Christmas Special 2010 Page 2

The reason they have made the characters so silly is because they felt like after the Queen of Sheba episode they didn't want to make the specials so gloomy so they made it as silly and upbeat as possible. They only would have been recycling the same old jokes if they sat at home in the specials and Antony has gone his own way now so it wouldn't be the same. I like what they did with the specials :)

I wasn't an avid fan of The Royle Family
But I did watch the last Christmas special, & compared to what I'd seen before it was nowhere near as good.
But there wasn't much on that Christmas so if they keep doing the specials then fine.

I hear through the grapevine there's going to be another spesh on Christmas Day. If that's true I'm so happy I'm putting me decs up tomorrow.

Yes, it's called Joe's Crackers. Pre-order now for 31st January release:

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/2505/1772/-/17622897/The-Royle-Family-Joe-Crackers/Product.html]
[h=592554]

*hears Lee ascending the loft ladder*

Nice to see that the characters such as Joe and Cheryl are going to feature quite a bit in this one. Will be good to have it set on Christmas Day and at the Royle's house too.

Ooooooh, you cannae beat a bit of Royles!!!

Looking forward to another dose of Jim & Bar-bera. (Wonder what will replace the Golden Egg Cup for centre stage this year?)

All the best,
Cal :)

Used to love this show, but the caravan episode was a right shocker. The Jim from series 1-3 would never have gone on holiday.

And the once sharp and cunning Denise, was written as a complete dummy. Instead of the usual family: we got badly constructed caricatures. Shame.

I'm really hoping this one will be like the older episodes.
Came across this Royle app on Facebook. Worth a look for a laugh

http://apps.facebook.com/gold_royle_family

:D

Here's more details on the special...

It's Christmas Day at the Royles and Barbara is up to her eyes in it as Jim is out of action due to an unfortunate incident in the precinct. Dave and Denise are obviously feeling the effect of the coalition the most and worry that Anthony's lavish gifts will eclipse their present of a fridge magnet.

Joe reminisces about a tipsy evening of naked wrestling in front of the fire with Bobby Carter while Cheryl recounts her romantic encounter in the local supermarket car park.

Who is the woman in the picture with Anthony? His pregnant girlfriend?

Find out on 25th December. :)

What happened to Sheridan the non ham eating vegetarian Smith?

That green thing is scaring me in that picture. What's going on?

I think they've bought a ridiculously big Christmas tree and had to bend the top over.

Ahhh, I see.

The whole photo looks a bit twisted and stretched. It's odd.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ November 22 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

Who is the woman in the picture with Anthony? His pregnant girlfriend?

The Virgin Beverley Macca