The Royle Family Christmas Special 2010 Page 3

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 22 2010, 9:11 PM GMT

The Virgin Beverley Macca

Yes you could well be right............. or Joanne Froggatt with a pillow stuffed up her top.

Let's hope this one is set in the living room primarily, with clever observational gags. Nice to see Cheryl and Anthony back.

Does Cheryl have prosthetics on her face in the photo?

Quote: dennispennis123 @ November 22 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

Who is the woman in the picture with Anthony? His pregnant girlfriend?

Oh a heavily pregnant young girl in a Christmas Day episode.

I wonder what might happen?

Do we want to see Beverly Macca or continue imagining her?

(she's had it hard - and likes it hard)

I've recently bought the new box set and now they're making another one! How many more box sets are there gonna be?

You should be wise to all that, really.

Instead of wasting money on the (numerous) DVDs, I tape each episode off the TV - then display them in a video rack in my front room.

This gives me a unique set, and also makes for a lovely 'talking point' when friends and family visit.

You should go on Blue Peter with that!

Quote: comical masterpiece @ November 28 2010, 1:29 PM GMT

I've recently bought the new box set and now they're making another one! How many more box sets are there gonna be?

As many as they get the chance to farm out to overenthusiastic punters! ;)

I wonder if Cheryl's still dieting?

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ November 28 2010, 7:52 PM GMT

I wonder if Cheryl's still dieting?

I hear she's lost half a stone.

...I meant half a pound.

..just had another thought on the current Royle Family situation!!

Why do we never see David Jr?? .. after all the "Baby David Hyp" ... and a brief outing as young "all leather and gel" David Jr ... we don't see any footage and very little mention of him?

How about Darren, has he fallen off the script too??

All the best,
Cal :)

Quote: SivoxII @ November 29 2010, 3:43 AM GMT

..just had another thought on the current Royle Family situation!!

Why do we never see David Jr?? .. after all the "Baby David Hyp" ... and a brief outing as young "all leather and gel" David Jr ... we don't see any footage and very little mention of him?

How about Darren, has he fallen off the script too??

All the best,
Cal :)

Darren's moved to Weatherfield :P

I really enjoyed the GOLD Behind The Sofa documentary a few weeks ago, and it was great to wallow in the sublime genius of Series 1-3 and the excellent Queen Of Sheba. The inserts and voxpops from other writers and comedians served to point out the absolute genius of the writing and direction of these. Mercifully The New Sofa and The Golden Egg Cup were only mentioned in passing almost it seemed. Tom Courtenay remembered his appearance fondly; alas I couldn't say the same. Not that he was bad, far from it; it was just that his character seemed to have stumbled in from an episode of Last Of The Summer Wine.

At one time I would have been scarcely able to contain my excitement at the prospect of a Royle Family 'spesh', however now I have a sinking feeling.

Antony, Cheryl & Joe being back in the fold augers well and I hope that we see Mary too. There will be nobody happier than me if this is a return to form, and in the words of Ricky Tomlinson, "I'll be happy to show my bare arse on the Town Hall steps" if indeed it is.

It's just that for me the last two offerings have left me feeling short-changed and quite disappointed. Sure there were some good laughs, but it seemed so many of the main characters were rendered almost unrecognisable from those halcyon days of Series 1-3.

However, what would I know? There certainly seem to have been viewers out there who found the speshes hilarious, and good luck to them too if they did. But sadly for this one time Royle fanatic the magic has gone. If Santa brings me nothing else this year then I will be delighted if he has a 'Royles return to form gift-set' with my name on it in his sack.

I'm off now to put a note up my chimney and cross my fingers until 11:00pm Christmas night.

I doubt Mary will be in the special. Only Joe and Cheryl have been mentioned in the episode and the actress who plays Mary isn't in the credits. Come to think of it she wasn't in it last year either, but Joe and Cheryl were.

Anyone know what has happened to her?

Quote: Blenkinsop @ November 29 2010, 6:00 PM GMT

I'm off now to put a note up my chimney and cross my fingers until 11:00pm Christmas night.

Let us know how that goes! :)

(It starts at 9pm.)