Torchwood... Page 61

Because homosexual particles prevent inter dimensional/time communication.

Really Marc you should know something like that!

Quote: Marc P @ September 16 2011, 8:15 AM BST

But he had been space and time travelling long before he ever met her, thousands of years and more... hadn't he?

He'd been travelling,but not for thousands of years. He's supposed to have been around a long time at this point though, after being on Earth for, I think, centuries.

Well wasn't he buried on earth for two thousand years at some point too. The Doctor can find little boys crying because he thinks there is something in the wardrobe, you'd think he'd lend a buddy a hand when he's buried in the earth for a couple of millennia. I suppose it's all down to inventing the Captain Jack (great name by the way :) ) 'Legend' as you go along I guess. Or re-inventing. It would have been wrong to have the DOctor appear in this EP I reckon, but if it's all central to Tardis and Time Lord stuff it just sits a bit oddly. My machine didn't tape the ten minutes or so when it was explained so I missed that but got the gist.

Does the Doctor even like Jack? I always got the impression that he comes out in homophobic hives every time they cross paths.

I may be projecting.

What was the press take on this outing by the way? I tend to avoid coverage afore it is over. And how did viewing figures compare?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2011, 1:50 PM BST

Does the Doctor even like Jack? I always got the impression that he comes out in homophobic hives every time they cross paths.

I may be projecting.

I think he's said he 'shouldn't be' to paraphrase. He's breaking nature's law basically.

Oh, and I don't think he was referring to his bum business.

Thats right Nil he called Jack "wrong".

We may be onto something here.

Have we uncovered a sinister homophobic subtext in RTD's screenwriting?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2011, 3:37 PM BST

We may be onto something here.

Have we uncovered a sinister homophobic subtext in RTD's screenwriting?

Isn't Russel T Davies one of those gay writers and producers who are renowned for making their shows and characters as gay/gay friendly as possible?

Quote: Jamey @ September 17 2011, 12:24 AM BST

Isn't Russel T Davies one of those gay writers and producers for who are renowned for making their shows and characters as gay/gay friendly as possible?

Penny in the air...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 17 2011, 11:48 AM BST

Penny in the air...

It might be there a while

What do you think the chances are of RTD having a "sinister homophobic subtext" in his writing? Zero? Me too.

Grrrr, internet sarcasm.

Just watched the last episode.
I've seen that Dr Who is extremely easy to criticize despite it being pretty good on the whole.
But In the case of this series I would definitely find it interesting to hear more Critique either good or bad.

For me I don't think they stretched it out enough.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 19 2011, 12:35 AM BST

I would definitely find it interesting to hear more Critique either good or bad.

OK. I gave up several episodes ago, so what follows may be factually inaccurate.

I came back for the final episode, because I thought at least it might be so ridiculous as to be laughable. Unfortunately it still failed to entertain.

Certainly much was beautifully predictable, like the agonising choice that Jack had to make in the end, him resolving it by dealing with the morphic field, and the deus ex machina in the shape of CIA-guy's blood transfusion, beautifully glossed over with "nothing else makes sense so that's why this worked too". Also it's nice that so much was left unexplained ("what is The Blessing? We don't know."), and that central character Oswald Danes ultimately didn't seem to serve the plot at all.

But it's impossible to laugh at things like actors standing around explaining the plot, that's just boring, and there were some frankly quite good bits, which really ruins the mood of awfulness. RTD, you've done worse than this, please try harder in future to produce The Ultimate Turkey.