Torchwood... Page 58

Isn't it a tripple cross over?

For someone who claims to fancy all genders as well as aliens a hugely disproportionate amount of the partners Jack has are gay men.

Quote: Jamey @ August 21 2011, 6:21 PM BST

For someone who claims to fancy all genders as well as aliens a hugely disproportionate amount of the partners Jack has are gay men.

I was thinking the same thing; they just seem to play the gay card all the time now.

I would point out that although we didn't see it (perhaps JB doesn't feel up to snogging a woman) but he was responsible for his grandson dying in Children of Earth and there's a very hacked off daughter somehwere in the UK so there have been female relationships. Just not as many or in such detail as we get of the blokes.

And I think he flirted with Billie Piper when we first met him in Doctor Who, although very quickly he forgot about her and was flirting with old jug-ears.

I didn't think it was possible for Torchwood to get any duller. I was wrong.

I thought one of the main thrills with show like torchwood is we are meant to figure things out along with the characters, how on earth are we meant to do that when they withhold massive chunks of information?

Quote: Jamey @ August 25 2011, 11:03 PM BST

I thought one of the main thrills with show like torchwood is we are meant to figure things out along with the characters, how on earth are we meant to do that when they withhold massive chunks of information?

Technically you wouldn't be able to have all of Jack's memories, would you? And what exactly has Jack hidden that was revealed in the last episode? Some fling in the past. You could show this flashback in an earlier episode, true, but as the ex-boyfriend's about to turn up, it wouldn't make sense.

I just thaought the ex boyfriend wasnt the way he should have gone, mabye a character we had previously met in Torchwood or something else altogether.

It just seams the ex-boyfriend was another Russel T Davies gay sex scene excuse.

My favourite episode so far.
A cross between The Godfather II & Queer as Folk.
Just what I was hoping for.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 26 2011, 12:23 AM BST

My favourite episode so far.
A cross between Super Mario Brothers & Hollyoaks Nights.

It's hard to argue with that.

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 25 2011, 11:28 PM BST

Technically you wouldn't be able to have all of Jack's memories, would you? And what exactly has Jack hidden that was revealed in the last episode? Some fling in the past. You could show this flashback in an earlier episode, true, but as the ex-boyfriend's about to turn up, it wouldn't make sense.

I think Jamey wasw referring to the lack of forshadowing. There were no hints or pointers that an ex-boyfriend of Jack's was behind this. The development was just chucked into the mix deus ex machina like.

I thought the resolution of the Gwen's family-kidnapped story was resolved a little too tisdily too. How did Rex and co know where they were being held hostage? n And I thought they were persona non grata with the authorities anyway? So how come they were suddenly working so closely with them?

I'm guessing by the lack of action on this thread that this show is now Catergory 1 to one for most people, fit only for the gas ovens. It's all got very turgid, with each revelation increasing "meh". The only high point in last night's episode was Star Trek's John De Lancie as the CIA boss.

Still, I've stuck with it for eight painfully slow episodes, so I'll stick with it to the bitter end now. Although it is shaping up to be one of the years big turkeys.

Quote: chipolata @ September 2 2011, 10:07 AM BST

Still, I've stuck with it for eight painfully slow episodes, so I'll stick with it to the bitter end now. Although it is shaping up to be one of the years big turkeys.

Shame, really. It toook three series for this to get good and Miracle Day has pretty much knackered any chance of another series.

Some of the acting has been particularly poor.

I watched the first five in an increasingly bored manner, then missed one and have so far far failed to catch up. Which I suppose speaks volumes. I've been very dissapointed in it, Children Of Earth seemed to indicate great things for the show. Have any, you know, aliens/monsters/proper bad guys shown up yet??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 2 2011, 10:17 AM BST

Have any, you know, aliens/monsters/proper bad guys shown up yet??

No. Maybe next week.