What are the best funny sitcoms from 2000 - now? Page 2

The Thick Of It
Peep Show
The Office
I Am Not An animal

Quote: Lee Henman @ July 24 2010, 11:31 PM BST

...According To Bex? Just kidding.

First piece of humour to come out of that show.

Lead Balloon.

Brit:

Peep Show
Black Books
The Office UK
Nathan Barley
The Thick of It

It's got some bad press, but Teenage Kicks hasn't been mentioned here and it has some good moments and is an older style sitcom.
Absolutely Fabulous and The Vicar Of Dibley started in the 1990s but have had new episodes made since the millennium.
Jam & Jerusalem and Believe Nothing have elements of older and newer style sitcoms and plenty of laughs.
Significantly less traditional, but witty and well written, are The Life And Times Of Vivienne Vyle, Getting On, Outnumbered, Lead Balloon, The Office and Extras. I would certainly vouch for them.

Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Sunders
Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders
I want to flay her skin and wear it like a dress Jennifer Saunders
Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Sunders
Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders Jennifer Saunders
I want to eat her brain and imbibe her essence Jennifer Saunders

I like her too!

^ Heehee.

I'll chime in with my top 10...

The Office (UK version but I do really like the US version too)
The Thick of It
Peep Show
Black Books
The Inbetweeners
The IT Crowd
Gavin and Stacey
Outnumbered
The Smoking Room
Nathan Barley

I'd like to add Green Wing (can't believe no one's said this yet!), Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (does this count as a sitcom?) and Pulling

In addition to many already mentioned in earlier posts there are another one or two that I liked, but that in the words of Alan Partridge, didn't get a second series.

Angelo's (Sharon Horgan)
Free Agents (Sharon Horgan and Stephen Mangan)
Dead Man Weds (Johnny Vegas & written by Dave Spikey) One of ITV's last sitcoms worth a watch (imo)

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 20 2011, 2:37 PM GMT

Dead Man Weds (Johnny Vegas & written by Dave Spikey) One of ITV's last sitcoms worth a watch (imo)

I thought this was pretty decent but flopped and got shunted to very late at night.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ February 20 2011, 10:47 PM GMT

I thought this was pretty decent but flopped and got shunted to very late at night.

Yeah, I think that it suffered the ignominy of the broadcaster getting cold feet and sending it on its way with the final kick in the bollocks being the last two episodes went out in the same week. (Memory a bit hazy but seem to remember that happening)

I'd add The Trip and Rev from last year.

Quote: chipolata @ February 20 2011, 10:52 PM GMT

I'd add The Trip and Rev from last year.

Yes both (imo) excellent. The Trip was, for me, the most enjoyable thing on TV last year and I have the DVD to prove it.

Still remember seeing the Costume Drama - Gentlemen to Bed! sequence for the first time and almost pissing myself with pure delight.

Coupling.
Time Gentlemen Please.
The Thick of It.
Getting On.
Grandma's House.

It's very much impossible to compile a top 10 without leaving plenty of good sitcoms out, isn't it?

Just 2010 alone brought us Rev, The Trip, Grandma's House, Roger and Val, and (less so than the others) Him & Her.