- Comedy Drama, Sitcom
- 2006 - 2009
- BBC One
- 16 (3 series)
- Sue Johnston, Pauline McLynn, Maggie Steed, Sally Phillips, David Mitchell, Salima Saxton, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders and others
- Jennifer Saunders and Abigail Wilson
- Mandie Fletcher
- Jo Sargent, Pete Thornton and Francis Gilson
Set in a small West Country village, Jam & Jerusalem follows the lives of the members of the local Women's Guild.
When her husband dies suddenly of a heart attack, Sal finds herself surrounded by the community - all offering tea and sympathy. But when her son James announces at the funeral that, as he is taking over the practice, his wife will be the village nurse, Sal finds herself not only widowed but out of a job.
As the community sympathy falls off, Sal feels neglected and alone and in a bid to stop rattling around her empty house and avoid the local Grieving Group counsellor, she decides it's time to take her own advice - stop sleeping in the dog basket, get a hair cut and a new top, take stock of her new life - and the Women's Guild is a good place to start.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Clatterford (Foreign title)
- Music by The Kinks. The theme tune is The Village Green Preservation Society by Kate Rusby.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 24th November 2006 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 23rd August 2009 on BBC One at 8pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 1st February 2016 at 1:15am on Drama