- 2009 - 2012
- BBC Four
- 15 (3 series)
- Jo Brand, Joanna Scanlan, Vicki Pepperdine, Ricky Grover and Cush Jumbo
- Jo Brand, Joanna Scanlan and Vicki Pepperdine
- Peter Capaldi and Sue Tully
- Geoff Atkinson, Lucy Lumsden, Simon Lupton and Gregor Sharp
Welcome to Ward K2, a backwater in an NHS trust hospital. This is the world of slips, trips and hips; healthcare at its least glamorous.
Getting On is a BBC Four comedy drama starring Jo Brand, Joanna Scanlan, Vicki Pepperdine and Ricky Grover as four members of NHS staff who are just 'getting on with it' in an overlooked corner of the health service.
Messy choices are the order of the day in a world where necessity produces its own solutions: the story of one ward, in one hospital.
Having faced restructuring, closure, on-off relationships, and the daily grind of caring for dementia patients and much more besides, Series 3 sees the team sticking together - now transferred from the closed down Ward B4 to brand-spanking-new K2 at nearby hospital St Jude's. The equipment may be newer, the decor more modern, but will life get any easier?
New admissions bring new problems but, in Getting On, the real challenge is just getting on with life in a world where few things move on.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Jo Brand's Getting On (Promotional title)
- Title theme music is Roll River Roll by Richard Hawley.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 8th July 2009 on BBC Four at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 21st November 2012 on BBC Four at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 14th June 2017 at 11:30pm on Gold