The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 5

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 3 2010, 1:20 AM GMT

Love this off TMS ball by ball . .

'I'm stuck on a crossword clue - "How Australia start a Test at Adelaide...(2,4,3)'

Laughing out loud

Good old Ricky :)

That Cook chap has always been the weak link in our team!

Of course on these type of pitches Alaister Cook can't go wrong. What were the Aussies thinking of, changing their style of pitches? :O

Nuts anyone?

Talking of which, didn't KP do well?!! Shame the stupid rain came and put an end to his display, let's hope Strauss gives him the nod to reach 250 at least and keep the competition for highest batting scores bubbling along nicely.

The Aussies are HATING this, apparently many are not even turning up to watch and are already outnumbered by Poms. Ooh dear. :) :) :)

No we have to declare overnight.

Too much rain about.

Haven't seen the forecast but if it's for dry weather I'd bat one more session with KP and Bell in this form and pile on the 'scoreboard pressure' (latest cricketing catchphrase). With a lead of 450 with five sessions left to face, it will be as daunting a task any Aussie team in living memory would have faced. Either way England should win this one heavily.

I've been staying up and watching this for the last couple of days. England are doing great, but we're not exactly playing the 1993 - 2001 Aussie team are we, guv? Anyway, good to see Pieterson get a double ton.

The forcast is shit.

Tuesday is touch and go if we have any play and tommorow is full of showers.

Because the last session was rained off today - we start half an hour early. Which means it might swing a little more - hence we have to get them in and get at them.

Quote: Ben @ December 5 2010, 1:49 PM GMT

I've been staying up and watching this for the last couple of days. England are doing great, but we're not exactly playing the 1993 - 2001 Aussie team are we, guv? Anyway, good to see Pieterson get a double ton.

You can only beat what you are faced with Ben.

And no, we aren't - Thank God.

Quote: bigfella @ December 5 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

You can only beat what you are faced with Ben.

Tell me about it!

Quote: Ben @ December 5 2010, 1:53 PM GMT

Tell me about it!

:D

Quote: bigfella @ December 5 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

The forcast is shit.

Oh in that case then declare and get at them quick, agree.

I wonder how Ricky Ponting will lose his captaincy in this Ashes? I can't decide if he'll be sacked (and dropped) before the end (unlikely imo); will be sacked in a couple of months time to deny England any more gloating while in Australia (quite possible indeed); will be dropped before the end without his captaincy being permanently taken away (very highly unlikely); be relieved of it while keeping his batting place (fairly unlikely because Australia don't tend to do that to major captains, but still possible); or just be left to see out the series defeat and himself nobly retire at the end, causing an outpouring of Australian public and media respect for the man which severely dents the effects of English gloating going on in their proud country (the most likely scenario by far, imo). Anyway, ta ta Ricky, you've been very entertaining if nothing else, to us Poms.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 5 2010, 12:00 PM GMT

The Aussies are HATING this, apparently many are not even turning up to watch and are already outnumbered by Poms. Ooh dear. :) :) :)

Not ALL Aussies are hating it. Blind patriotism made Australia favourites at the local bookmakers, so I bet on England to win the Ashes. The Adelaide test has been sold out thus far - for the weekend - with Australian fans curiously outnumbering English fans, but crowd numbers will fall on Monday because it is a working day and shite weather is forecast. And Australia looks like being further mercilessly whipped.

Hard to tell about Ricky

He will go at the end of the series for sure, win or lose.

The question is will he go beforehand? I think if that is the case it will only be his choice. The Aussie high chiefs know that they have given him a bunch of schoolgirls as his bowling attack. What can the man do? There is no 100% obvious successor to the role. Clarke is vice captain but is carrying an injury.

I also read that Ponting wasn't happy about the dropping of Johnson.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did a Kim Hughes at the end of this test.

Quote: bigfella @ December 5 2010, 3:45 PM GMT

The question is will he go beforehand?

Can't see Ponting quitting before its over - or getting the boot until after. He and other high-profile members of the team seem to spend more time appearing in infantile TV commercials for rubbish products (such as KFC and placebo vitamins), rather than training.

Quote: bigfella @ December 5 2010, 3:45 PM GMT

Wouldn't surprise me if he did a Kim Hughes at the end of this test.

I think he's made of sterner stuff than that. He takes vitamins and eats KFC.