The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 3

From cricinfo live commentary:

'As the players leave the pitch the Barmy Army decided to have a bit of fun as a man dressed in a banana suit decided to run round the pitch chased by six men wearing gorilla suits much to the amusment of the crowd.'

:D

Wish Pakistan would have put up a bit of resistance.

Liking the look of the bowling attack for the Ashes. Glad to see that really only one swing bowler is in the line up. I always think that we try to play one too many over here and then suffer overseas.

Just wish that there was someone a little better than Colly or KP to provide back up as a fifth bowler.

I always liked Graham Gooch's 333. Nice score.

Who remembers Mark Ilott's 9-19? That was some efficient bowling. I used to rather like Essex back in the early to mid-90s, but haven't really followed the county game since.

Quote: Ben @ August 1 2010, 2:38 PM BST

I always liked Graham Gooch's 333. Nice score.

Yeah I wonder if he picked that score to play a loose shot on because he had that printed on his bat ever after. 334 wouldn't have looked the same, would it. And how old was he when he got that score, 40?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 1 2010, 4:36 PM BST

334 wouldn't have looked the same, would it.

It didn't do Don Bradman any harm.

I don't think he was quite 40. Probably mid 30s.

I remember he got dropped for a few tests after the Ashes 93 debacle and then came back and hit 210 in a match for England the summer after.

I remember he got dropped for leading a despicable rebel tour to apartheid South Africa.

Quote: Badge @ August 1 2010, 4:41 PM BST

I remember he got dropped for leading a despicable rebel tour to apartheid South Africa.

I thought that was Brian May.

I'm sure I read an intelligent cricket comment from Alfred earlier. Now its gone!

Brian May; great leg spinner.

Yes I'm trying to cut down on my long winded posts, and that one fell foul of the windometer.

Peter May, hmm, not my favourite cricket person, obviously a good player in his day but he represents the bad old days of stuffy management to me. One of the greatest cricket moments for me was seeing his face when Botham got a wicket with his first ball for England after his ban for ganja smoking. Botham had the whole stadium on their feet and the only one not smiling was May. It was superb. Well done Beefy!

Quote: Ben @ August 1 2010, 4:42 PM BST

I thought that was Brian May.

Ah, very good, I've just got that - the Queen tour of Sun City, yes? And Elton John, and others...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 2 2010, 8:22 AM BST

Ah, very good, I've just got that - the Queen tour of Sun City, yes? And Elton John, and others...

Why thank you!

Well done Stuart Broad.

There was a good 8th wicket stand, wasn't there?

I really hate the fact that cricket isn't on Channel 4 anymore.

If I was a bookie and some bloke came in and said I want to put a million quid on the 3rd ball of the 15 over being a no-ball I'd be thinking that something was up.

I mean how far was the lad over the line when he bowled it.

I'd ban spot betting, it's too open to fixing. How many other rigged bets do we not know about?