The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread

England have never won a major Cricket trophy, but today they reached the final of the 20/20 tournament.

So good luck to them I say.

This threat was my idea! *starts to look for post, then realise I can't be arsed*

But we're looking good. I am most surprised. Now all I need is Surrey to stop being crap and I'll be a happy man.

Yes, surprising how well South Africa "B" are doing in the "looks a bit like cricket but really isn't" competition.

Now you have inspired me to dig out my cricket bat!

Do they still have streakers? Ah, Erica Roe. :)

Quote: Badge @ May 13 2010, 11:08 PM BST

Yes, surprising how well South Africa "B" are doing in the "looks a bit like cricket but really isn't" competition.

Yeah, the South African thing does get on my nerves. The fact that only one oft he top 5 is English is an embarrasment. However, the fact we're winning does sweeten the pill, which says much about my morality! :$ And 20-20 is growing on me. It's not proper cricket, but for the first time I can really see that it's the direction the game is inexorably heading. Not saying it's good or bad, but I think that's going to be the case.:$

Quote: chipolata @ May 13 2010, 11:11 PM BST

Do they still have streakers? Ah, Erica Roe. :)

That was rugby union. You always gets tits at rugby union.

I think it's very important for England to win global sporting events from time to time.
Even if it's just to upset the Scotch people.

Quote: Badge @ May 13 2010, 11:17 PM BST

That was rugby union. You always gets tits at rugby union.

I'm sure cricket is more streaker-friendly than Rugger.

Quote: chipolata @ May 13 2010, 11:20 PM BST

I'm sure cricket is more streaker-friendly than Rugger.

That's not what I said.

Like Rob H I can only say 20/20 is not cricket.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 13 2010, 11:32 PM BST

Like Rob H I can only say 20/20 is not cricket.

If I did say that, it's not quite what I meant. For me at least, Test cricket is infinitely preferable, but I can see the attraction of 20-20 for TV companies/people who don't generally like cricket/ and the counties.

I think it was me that said it, kind of.

I don't think we should be providing a version of cricket for people who don't like cricket.

Quote: Badge @ May 13 2010, 11:40 PM BST

I think it was me that said it, kind of.

I don't think we should be providing a version of cricket for people who don't like cricket.

I think it's more providing a form of cricket which people can actually attend. I'm a Surrey member, but work means I can only get along in the evening, so I end up watching more 20-20 than I do the four day cricket which I love.

Quote: Rob H @ May 13 2010, 11:44 PM BST

I think it's more providing a form of cricket which people can actually attend. I'm a Surrey member, but work means I can only get along in the evening, so I end up watching more 20-20 than I do the four day cricket which I love.

You are forgiven! That's fair enough.