Things that piss you off Page 804

You do adjust to the noise. I'm within spitting distance of an airport and only tend to notice when the Fedex Jumbo is a bit overloaded at 5.30am. Otherwise, you tune it out.

I'm anti HS2 for the simple reason that it's a massive waste of money. That and I probably won't live long enough to travel on it.

Quote: KLRiley @ January 10 2012, 8:49 PM GMT

it's a massive waste of money.

I think they're going to redeem all the Nectar Points they received when paying for the Olympics.

I've lived in loud places too, and have adjusted to loud traffic etc (even all night ambulances living near a hospital).

I object to the unfairness of it. The politicians/construction people benefit at one end, the people in Birmingham who want to get to London 30 minutes quicker (boo hoo for their difficult lives) benefit at the other end. The only people who don't benefit are the only people who it adversely affects.
If you truly don't seen the unfairness in that, I despair.

Why are the people who would like the HS2 more important than the people who don't want it?

life moves on

every road, city or school was built where someone once lived

Life would be nicer if they at least made an effort to avoid needlessly ruining lives where possible though, wouldn't it?

It would but its happened before and it will happen again. My gran had her house compulsorily purchased and then flattened because it was in the way of the M25.

If everyone was NIMBY what would ever get done?

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 8:44 PM GMT

Yes, presumably the train station and the M1 were there when you (or your parents) chose to live there. That is a rather different thing. People choose to live in quiet, non-industrial areas for a reason.

Cos they've got lots of money and probably two or three properties.

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 8:36 PM GMT

You (plural) are just the same as the 'nimby's you're professing to hate. The reason you don't give a shit is because it's not in your back yard. Lucky you, eh.

Yeah, you scum. Don't you realise that some crusty old buildings full of racists in the middle of nowhere is like, really, really important for some reason.

And if they build the train tracks, they might go over a warren and then he will die -

Stop all progress now if it effects anything picturesque! (but please keep blowing up tower blocks, as I don't personally like those, they are ikky)

Quote: KLRiley @ January 10 2012, 8:49 PM GMT

You do adjust to the noise. I'm within spitting distance of an airport and only tend to notice when the Fedex Jumbo is a bit overloaded at 5.30am. Otherwise, you tune it out.

How far can you spit?

Quote: sootyj @ January 10 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

If everyone was NIMBY what would ever get done?

Like I said, EVERYONE on this thread is being just as Nimby as one another.

Buckinghamshire is applying to UNESCO for a preservation order.
As a site of outstanding c**tishness.

It looks like along with the bit of Paris that was rude to Oprah Winfrey, the Austrian village that holds SS reunions and the bit of Greece which got all the money they pinched. It'll probably win.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 10 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

Too far R.C. I'm now voting against it!

*cuddles bunny wabbit*

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 9:10 PM GMT

Like I said, EVERYONE on this thread is being just as Nimby as one another.

I'd freaking love a giant rail viaduct outside my window, it would improve the quality of my wanking exponentially, allow me to fart as loud as I like, and sing/cry along to Kate Bush as loud as I like.

I'm an IMBYP.

Quote: Chappers @ January 10 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

Cos they've got lots of money and probably two or three properties.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 10 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

full of racists

Genuinely can't tell if moronic statements like these are jokes or not, now.

This thread really has brought out all the psychos on the board today.
(And yes I somewhat include myself).

I've indirectly (or not) been called a chav, racist, c**t and told to f**k off on this thread. Nice day for zooo!