Things that piss you off Page 803

Quote: Nogget @ January 10 2012, 6:27 PM GMT

Isn't the current journey time under an hour and a half? 30 minutes off that is rather significant.

And when it's fully built, London to Leeds will be one hour twenty minutes instead of two hours twenty minutes. That's pretty impressive.

Like you said about people who choose to live near airports and then complain about the noise. People choose to live up north and then moan about how long it takes to get to London on current train lines?

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 6:34 PM GMT

Like you said about people who choose to live near airports and then complain about the noise. People choose to live up north and then moan about how long it takes to get to London on current train lines?

Well, London is the centre of the universe, where all life happens, so you can understand the Northers wanting to come here.

If it was up to me, I'd spend the £33 billion to build a wall around the M25 and declare London an independent state like the Vatican. Could you imagine what it would be like if all the money created in London stayed in London? It'd be like a new Monaco.

I would actually be in support of that. London is ace.

(Just happen to think Bucks is ace too.)

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 6:40 PM GMT

I would actually be in support of that. London is ace.

(Just happen to think Bucks is ace too.)

I am in agreement with you zooo. Bucks is a huge place and the HS2 is not going to take up all of it.

But now people are moaning about the tunnelling. Maybe they think the land will be overrun with Hobbits.

Why is all this money being spent down south in a recession?

What about us up north Cameron?

You f**king moonfaced anus

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 10 2012, 6:43 PM GMT

But now people are moaning about the tunnelling. Maybe they think the land will be overrun with Hobbits.

I wish they would do the whole thing in tunnels! Pop the whole gubbins underground. That would totally stop me moaning about it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 10 2012, 6:38 PM GMT

If it was up to me, I'd spend the £33 billion to build a wall around the M25 and declare London an independent state

It would be at a standstill and in tatters within a year

I'm pro HS2! Quicker, bigger and more energy efficient? Yes please.

Spoiling the country side views? *shrugs* Don't care. A thin line running through the landscape won't have much impact. Destroying villages? Really? Eh?

It's the same people who protest wind turbines. F**k off. Make sure you get the benefit for your village/community, yes of course. But to completely want to deny it? No.

Quote: Lee @ January 10 2012, 8:17 PM GMT

It's the same people who protest wind turbines. F**k off. Make sure you get the benefit for your village/community, yes of course. But to completely want to deny it? No.

You know they had to turn the wind turbines off last week in the strong winds. How ridiculous. I think it's all a con. Just bring back windmills.

More windmills = more bread. Cool

Quote: Lee @ January 10 2012, 8:17 PM GMT

A thin line running through the landscape won't have much impact. Destroying villages? Really? Eh?

Seriously?
It's fine that you support them and all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
But you honestly think that a huge viaduct with a loud screaming train speeding past several times an hour won't completely alter (and ruin) the whole nature and atmosphere of a village like this?

I find that a bit of a bizarre opinion, to be honest.

You (plural) are just the same as the 'nimby's you're professing to hate. The reason you don't give a shit is because it's not in your back yard. Lucky you, eh.

I used to live across the road from a train station. I live next door to the M1. If I could fit it in my garden I would have a wind turbine.

Yes, trains going past will be really annoying, for a bit.

Yes, presumably the train station and the M1 were there when you (or your parents) chose to live there. That is a rather different thing. People choose to live in quiet, non-industrial areas for a reason.

Lucky them! :P