Things that piss you off Page 677

I've NEVER seen a cat poo on a lawn. You people must be remarkably unlucky.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 16 2011, 9:09 PM GMT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boondoggle_%28project%29

Great word, never heard that term before and I shall incorporate in my next protest letter about the Afghanistan war in five years time.

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2011, 10:30 AM GMT

I've NEVER seen a cat poo on a lawn. You people must be remarkably unlucky.

I've seen it many times. My cat is an indoor cat and that's a good thing because cats that poop in lawns in my neighborhood seem to die of lead poisoning before long. :(

Don't shit on Texas!

Quote: DaButt @ March 17 2011, 2:03 PM GMT

I've seen it many times. My cat is an indoor cat and that's a good thing because cats that poop in lawns in my neighborhood seem to die of lead poisoning before long. :(

Are you serious?

If someone shot my cat I'd literally beat them to death.

(But yes, indoor cat = good move.)

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2011, 2:49 PM GMT

Are you serious?

If someone shot my cat I'd literally beat them to death.

(But yes, indoor cat = good move.)

You wouldn't get that close. They'd shoot you first. This is where people wear guns to go to the grocery store. At least they did in the part of town I used to live but perhaps that was because it wasn't the better part of town.

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2011, 2:49 PM GMT

Are you serious?

Unfortunately, it seems to be somewhat common. I don't know if the cats are pets or strays but they poop in and destroy flower beds and kids' sandboxes, eat birds at bird feeders and leave dismembered rodents, birds and lizards everywhere. I wouldn't shoot a cat but I've been known to hose them down when they start howling in my back yard.

It's very irresponsible for someone to let their cat roam through other people's yards. Anyone who loves their cat doesn't let it run free unless they live on a farm. Here it's even more irresponsible due to the large number of coyotes. Any cat that spends its time roaming outdoors is going to be killed by a coyote or car eventually.

Quote: KLRiley @ March 17 2011, 2:59 PM GMT

This is where people wear guns to go to the grocery store.

Open carry is illegal in Texas. The old lady next to you at the store may have a pistol in her purse but it's illegal to brandish it in any way so you'd have no idea whether they are armed or not.

You shoot cats to save them from coyotes?

Can you apply the same rules to people...

Quote: sootyj @ March 17 2011, 3:10 PM GMT

You shoot cats to save them from coyotes?

Other people shoot cats because they damage their property and are rabies threats. The same thing goes for raccoons and other pests. Everyone seems to know what happens to wandering cats so I suspect that most of the cats I see running around are stray/abandoned.

*puts Texas on list of places not to live*

(No offence to Dabutt) ;)
Actually, a lot of nice people on the internet seem to live in Texas. I suppose it is quite big though...

Zooo go there and arm the cats, teach them to defend them selves

I shall round them up and start another cat village - like that awesome mad bloke.

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2011, 3:23 PM GMT

I suppose it is quite big though...

Roughly 3x the size of the UK, I believe.

You could do everyone a favor and come here and round up all the strays and keep them in your home. Sort of like this Simpsons character:

:D

That's decided then!

Open carry is illegal in Texas. The old lady next to you at the store may have a pistol in her purse but it's illegal to brandish it in any way so you'd have no idea whether they are armed or not.

It was a long time ago - pre W. And it was a very rough part of town. Partly why we left.